Nala's Pride.

Nala's Pride.

A Story by Light
"

Remember watching The Lion King? No? Well this is a short story based off of Simba and Nala's romance and love for eachother.

"

Nala’s Pride:

“Mom, do I have to?” I asked my mom as I pout to her

Hoping she’ll say “No go play.”

Unfortunately she didn’t say that instead, she picked me up and placed me in between in her front paws.  Mother does this every time she bathes me and I hate it, at least it’s refreshing to bathe today, since it’s very humid and warm out.

“You can go ahead and play..” Mother said.

I interrupted with a gasp and said “Really?!”

She rolled her eyes and said “After I finish bathing you that is.”

My face expression went from enlightened to disappointment right after she finished her sentence. Now I understand why interrupting someone while speaking can truly disappoint you. Mother and I along with Simba’s Mother, we’re all laying down under an enormous tree for shade away from the extreme humid weather. As I look into the distance, I spotted Simba and I immediately get nervous. Simba is the cub who I’ve known all of my life and is my best friend. Between you and I, he's also the cub that I have a huge crush on. Simba runs towards my Mother at the middle of my bath, how embarrassing!

“Hey Nala, guess what? Let’s go, I heard about this cool place I want to take you to” Simba whispered.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, “ Can't you see I’m in the middle of a bath?” I said in a sassy tone.

I admit, I always give Simba a sassy attitude, but he takes it very well. He’s so cute.

“Oh right, sorry” He said.

Right when he was about to walk away his mother grabbed him and placed him in between her paws and said “It’s also your bath time too, Simba.”

I giggled at Simba and said “Serves you right, dummy.”  As Simba’s Mother bathed him, she began to wash the top of his head.

“Aw, Mom not the head you’ll mess up my mane!”

I laughed loudly at that and said while giggling “Mane? What mane? You wish, youre still a silly cute baby boy.”

Sometimes I feel like I’m a little too mean to Simba, but I enjoy picking on him.

“Okay Okay I’m clean, can we go now?” rudely said Simba to his Mom.

“Oh? So Where we going, rudeboy?” I asked.

“Nala, I’ll tell you when we start walking there” Although Simba was whispering

his Mother overheard him and asked “So where are you two going?”

Simba got startled with his Mom’s question and quickly turned and answered “Oh, nowhere special just the creek”

I dislike the creek and Simba knows that. The creek smells odd and there’s too many bugs, I just feel like he’s up to something. Perhaps, Simba might surprise me with  a gift or even years Simba would of said this. I turn to Simba and give him a smile and stopped walking. Simba stands in front of me and gently pats me.

“Between you and I Nala, I have a crush on you and I been meaning to ask you a question.”

I gasp and cover my mouth with my paw again and I ask “Well, what’s the question Simba?”

I am so nervous right about now, I have no idea what he’s aboa kiss! I thought to myself and began blushing hard. Although, I haven’t told Simba that I liked him I actually am not sure if he likes me back or not. I hope so, that would be such a surprise to me.

I looked up at my Mom and asked “Can I go with Simba, please Mommy?”

hoping she would say yes, i give her my best baby cub eyes that she can’t say no to that usually works.

She smiles and says, “Sure Nala just be careful.”

Simba and I quickly dry off and began to run away towards the creek. Simba is such a slow poke or either, I’m just quicker than him. Everytime we go out and play like now, I always challenge him to a race and of course I win all the time.

“Hey Simba, you want to race or are you too chicken to try?” I asked Simba as we began to start walking towards the creek.

“No! You always win because you’re a cheater.” Simba said as an excuse.

I turn towards him with an eyebrow raised in shock for his accusation.

“You’re a fool if you honestly think I cheat at racing, we both know you’re in denial and won’t accept that I’m faster than you. Besides, I would never cheat on you at racing there’s no need to.” I said with a smile and a wink to Simba.

Simba makes an annoyed face and says “What’s that supposed to even mean?”

I giggle and replied “Oh nothing, just that you’re a slowpoke and it’s not that difficult to beat.”

Simba quickly runs up in front of me and blocks me from walking further. I smirk and raise an eyebrow again.

Simba says in an intimate tone of voice “I’m not denial and yes it’s true you’re faster than me, but we both know I’m stronger and bigger than you. I can easily beat you at play fighting though”

Simba winks and get’s closer to me, honestly he’s making me nervous and intimidating.

I gently push his head away from me by pushing on his chest.

“That’s because..” I tried saying before Simba immediately pounces and pins me down onto the floor.

“That’s right girl, bow down to your future King” He says.

Simba knows I hate when he does that and downgrades me.

I gasp silently and slap Simba and say “That’s not funny! you know I hate that!”

I begin to walk away from him in a slightly quick pace. Ugh, I hate when he acts like that sometimes. Just because he’s the son of Mufasa our pride’s King doesn’t give him the right to treat me like that. To me, he’s just the same slowpoke best friend of mine.

“Aw, come on Nala It was only a joke” Simba says in an apologetic tone of voice.

I continue to ignore him not saying a word. He does this everytime I get mad at him, thinking i’ll forget it easily.

Simba continues to follow me and tries one last time by saying “You know, you’re going to end up being Queen and my Wife. We’re going to get married, it’s ‘tradition’ even though you probably hate me and won’t want to marry me, but i’ll change that, watch”

I immediately stop walking and raise a paw up against my mouth. I am not believing what he’s saying, that he actually would be willing to marry me! I’m insecure about myself and having Simba say that made me feel so much better about myself. I never could of guessed in a million ut to ask me.

Simba smiles and asks “Well, since I knew you for a long time now I was wondering if you would be my Girlfriend?”

I instantly squeal in excitement but immediately became calm and was bummed out. I pictured Simba asking me to be his girlfriend in a more romantic way, well don’t all girls picture that?

“No” I answered and turned my back to him.

Simba looked down in a disappointment with his ears down.

“Well can you at least say yes to going with me where I wanted to take you?” he says.

“Ew, the creek?” I replied.

Simba chuckles and says “No silly, a elephant graveyard”

I always wanted to visit an elephant graveyard, but honestly not alone with Simba. It can be very dangerous. I trust him and i know he’ll protect me though.

“Wow! Yes, I would love to go Simba” I said in a very exciting tone. Simba and I headed towards the Elephant graveyard which wasn’t too far away. We begin exploring the dark spooky caves and I analyzed the enormous Elephant skull that was in front of us. Suddenly, I noticed Simba being startled for some reason which made me slightly frightened.

“What’s wrong Simba?” I asked Simba before he covered my mouth to shush me up.

“Be quiet, I think I saw a hyena stand behind me” Simba whispered.

Simba stood in front me and seemed like he was protecting me like if there was a Hyena, i hope not. Out of nowhere a huge hyena pounced right in front of us I loudly scream in fear. Who wouldn’t? I mean, Simba and I are only cubs and the Hyenas are literally 5 times bigger than us both.

 “Well then why are the King’s son and his little girlfriend doing around these dangerous parts? Easy catch?” says the big scary ugly Hyena who’s fang were exposed.

I began to tear up with fear, I haven’t been so scared  knew this was a bad idea.

Simba steps a bit forward and closer to the Hyena and says “Leave us alone you ugly Hyena!”

The Hyena let’s out a loud laugh and pushes simba and says “You do know you’re trespassing you little runts, you both are in my area now and will be my dinner”

As I continue to cry Simba stands back closer to me protecting me from the Hyena, I can’t believe how brave he is being right now. The Hyena gets closer to me and puts his face close against mine as I lower my ears in fear.I begin to slowly whimper with how afraid I was.

Simba yells out “Hey! Leave her alone!”

The Hyena backed away a bit just enough to stand over us.

“Or else what Cat?” Asked the Hyena.

I hope Simba doesn’t say anything stupid that will risk us from being attacked by these creatures.

Simba jumps in front of the hyena and raises his chest and takes a huge breath and tries to give his best roar.“Rawr!”

Honestly it wasn’t the best intimidating roar, but he at least tried.

The Hyena let out a laugh and says “Is that all you got?”

Simba growled and again took in a deep breath and roared. “Rawr!”

The Hyena giggled and said “You honestly look cute trying kitty i almost feel bad to eat you”

I couldn’t help but to also giggle and said “Yea Simba, you sound like an angry honey badger.”

The Hyena found it amusing so amusing that he fell on his back to laugh uncontrollably.

“Ha! Honeybadger, that’s great do it again!” said the Hyena as he tried to stop laughing.

Simba did a more and louder growl and took a deeper breath and let his last roar.

“ROAR!” that roar was so loud that it startled me to my back and frightened the Hyena. It wasn’t Simba’s roar it was his Father Mufasa's roar.

Mufasa pounced on the Hyena and yelled at him “Leave my son alone! get out of here!”

the Hyena quickly fled

Mufasa gave simba an angry face said “You disobeyed me simba let’s go home”

I didn’t know Simba wasn’t allowed here or else I wouldn’t of let him come in the first place. Simba and I began following Mufasa home.

Simba looked so afraid and ashamed as we walked. I looked at Simba and said “Yes Simba”

Simba turned to me as we continued walking and asked “Yes, what?” .

I smiled and replied “Yes, I’ll be your girlfriend”

Simba immediately stopped walking and shouted “What really?!”

I giggled and walking passed him and continued walking home, Simba followed.

“So what made you change your mind Nala?” he asked.

I looked at him “Why would i say no to such a brave lion and my future king?”

Simba smiled brightly and gave me a lick on my cheek and said “My future Queen.”

© 2016 Light


Author's Note

Light
I got this inspiration from my relationship ;p

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cute. I've never seen the lion King but I bet it's great.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
1 Review
Added on November 29, 2016
Last Updated on November 29, 2016
Tags: Creative, The Lion King, Simba, Nala, Love, Romance

Author

Light
Light

Writing
Honey eyes. Honey eyes.

A Story by Light