Goodbye

Goodbye

A Story by Pixieblue
"

A short little story about the ending of a life, and how this little girl feels as she has to be silent as she finally slips away.

"

'Breathe, just breathe I say', but my head isn't paying attention to what my mouth is saying, no one can hear me but im still talking. Im saying words, real words, not another language. Im smiling, but my sisters crying. I want to wipe the tear off her face and put it in a pot of compost, so that maybe another little girl will grow like a flower and all she will need is love, light and water. My sister won't ever be alone again. Then I think id be jealous, I should be the one taking care of her, but soon she will be alone and I guess I wont be able to protect her anymore. I reach out to comfort her, but my arm wont move, there's needles in my arm pumping supposed life into me. I don't feel it though. Im tired.

So tired.

I tell her to stop crying, that she needs to be strong, but nothing comes out once again. I start crying as my mum walks into the room, her hairs in a messy bun that she has obviously rushed because she overslept, she puts down a large shopping-bag and sits next to my sister. She takes her hand and tells her to be strong, I smile but they don't notice.

My skin feels twitchy and warm, like a burning. I don't like it. It doesn't feel normal at all, it feels like a feather sliding down my cheek and tickling me. It makes it harder for me to breathe, then I notice the funny mask over my mouth, I reach to grab it frantically but nothing moves and I feel myself slowly getting ever more tired. I can't stay awake for much longer.

Life is being drained from me and I can feel myself slipping into a sleep that is unfamiliar to me, and then I know.

I already knew I guess but its finality has hit me.

In a few minutes im going to be taking my final breaths, my final looks at the world and my final goodbyes to a family that cant even understand how much I love them.

I just hope they remember that.

I already wrote my notes of what I want to be wearing when im taken into the ground in my coffin, my little black dress with my silvery belt, I want my friendship bracelets on and my little black bow that I wore to my little sisters 3rd birthday party.

I want to sleep now.

I say goodbye with my eyes and I whisper it in my head, I picture myself giving them massive hugs and walking into the light.

Goodbye.

© 2013 Pixieblue


Author's Note

Pixieblue
Sorry if there's any mistakes, just a rough something.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very well put together! I felt everything that was going on. The imagery was beautiful.

Well-Done!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 12, 2013
Last Updated on January 12, 2013
Tags: death, goodbye.

Author

Pixieblue
Pixieblue

kent, gravesend, United Kingdom



About
I'm Leah. Here's a few things to know about me: I'm an artist. I'm a musician. I'm a writer. I have ADHD. I'm dark at heart. I think everyone is wonderful who knows how to love and be loved/ .. more..

Writing