You were.

You were.

A Poem by Pixieblue

You were the stars,
my moon and the light it produced,
you were my entire galaxy.
You were the morning,
and the reason i would wake up,
you were the sunrise.
You were the laughter,
and the creator of smiles,
you were the lord of my heart.

But...

You were the black holes,
and everything they devoured,
you were the eater of hearts.
You were the nightfall,
and the darkness over the entire world,
you were the blindfold over my eyes.
You were the fire,
and the scars and burns on my skin,
you were the pain i felt.

You were,
you are,
and maybe you always will be.

© 2014 Pixieblue


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this piece. It tells a story makes you think that the person that you're writing about is just perfect to you, that they just make you so happy. But then you turn it round, you make us see that even though this person is amazing they have a dark side. They make you feel something, something that follows about and makes you not sleep at night. And it's like even though you want this to change you know it never will. I don't know if this is right of course but that's what was going through my mind while reading. I love this piece it reminds me of a situation ive been in. Carry on writing:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


I foresee a split read here guess its would of could of and should of

Posted 9 Years Ago


Daaaang.

I'm laughing, laughing, laughing.

Not because your piece isn't good, but because what you've just written is the exact situation I'm in. You're piece captures the love and happiness you have for this person. Then, you turn right around and capture the other side. The pain. The heartache.

And even though they have hurt you, they still make you happy. And you know you won't ever rid them from your life.

Your piece was powerful, amazing, exquisite...etc. Others can relate to your poem, and it'll open some people's eyes.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I love this because it is so true for many people, the balance between the light and dark of this poem is perfect, an equal dosage of both but one imprints more into the mind than the other. Great write :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


"You were the eater of hearts" ... I've known someone of this description in my life too. It's a dangerous dance to become entwined with a charismatic devil. Sometimes the only way out is through...

good work. xx

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

473 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 18, 2014
Last Updated on November 18, 2014
Tags: were, was, love, heartbreak, missing, breaking.

Author

Pixieblue
Pixieblue

kent, gravesend, United Kingdom



About
I'm Leah. Here's a few things to know about me: I'm an artist. I'm a musician. I'm a writer. I have ADHD. I'm dark at heart. I think everyone is wonderful who knows how to love and be loved/ .. more..

Writing