True beauty

True beauty

A Story by Paege
"

Inspired by a vision.

"
     It was the day of Prince Alexanders betrothal and the entirety of the kingdom was bustling with the news. Everyone had seen the beautiful princess Zaria, though no one had managed the pleasure as to converse with her for even the slightest of a moment. All over, gossip went around as thoughts ran through different minds about speaking with the soon-to-be-queen.
       The prince however wasn't rejoicing as much as he should have. Alexander  stood at the edge of the cliff, over-looking the churning ocean below, on the day and in the exact spot where he would soon make a change in his life, and the life of everyone within the kingdom. He hadn't made the choice, as many felt right, however he seemed to have no control in his life, only aiming to please. He knew that by marrying the beautiful princess, whom in which he had convinced himself, nevertheless, he loved, he would not only unify the separate kingdoms, but it would also save his own from the deep poverty that had taken grip.
       Alexander looked around at the hundreds, or thousands, of guests who arrived, seeking a fimilure face in the crowd. None caught his eye to his thought of unfortunance. He sighed and swept away his dark unruly locks, as if it would clear his tainted vision, revealing those he grew to know and love. In an instant a shadowed figure caught his eye, hiding in the forest. Thankful for the diversion away from his thoughts, he pushed his way through the gatherings, answering simple questions and repeating how-do-you-do's, all the while keeping his eyes strained on the strange figure that seemed to lurk against the ghastly darkness.
        When he finally could escape the horde of people, the prince slinked away into the forest, as the strange figure seemed to call to him. When the cloaked silhouette drifted into a small clearing, lit by the fading suns reflection on the small prick, glowing aside, the hood was lifted and the stranger unveiled, turned out to be a strange looking woman. She had a gnarly looking face, everything about her whispered nasty words; Ugly, Disgrace, Mistake. Her lips parted and Alexander was startled by the beautiful sound that came out. 
        "You are getting married today." Even the simplest of words that came from the creatures mouth were as soothing and calm as the sound of a harp. The prince too, opened his mouth in a weak attempt to respond, but struggling with the difficulty of the task, simply nodded. 
        "Do you love this woman?" The young man, who was still too unsure with his feelings, didn't know how to respond.
      "She is beautiful." He said at last, when he recollected the marveling everyone, including him, had done when they met the princess.
         "That she is. So you love her for her beauty." The sire again only nodded. "But did you ever think that maybe it was about more than what she looked like? Being able to view something is only one of the five senses we control. Have you ever thought about the way she smelled? Do you think you could have possibly fallen in love with her by her rosy scent? Of course not. I have tried for many years at this, and i cannot achieve it. I am an indulgence to every sense but that of sight. I was put here to see if man knew the true meaning of love. With a whiff you would find i smell of the most delectable fruits, with one touch you would come to find that my skin is as smooth as that of a newborn's, with one listen you hear of my sweet song, lulling the strongest to sleep, and with one taste, from one kiss, one would find that my abandoned lips were as sweet as honey, but does anyone know this? No, because of one simple look the are disgusted. I am never accused of having true beauty even though it is mine to have. No, I am not beautiful, I am ugly. I cannot be loved by a race such as these humans. For being biased on the simple indulgences give nothing to live for. When all love is to people is beauty, beauty needs to be defined in its well manner. Beauty isn't any of the things i described. Beauty is love where love is described in its well manner.
      Loving is a matter of knowing a person in a way that no other man or woman can fathom. Loving is giving part of yourself and receiving that of another in return, but trusting one another not to abolish your bond or your heart. Love is the very essence built into the soul, never understood, but sometimes meagerly masked by a veil of disaster.  Love is a deep undeniable feeling of tender care towards another person." Alexander stood unblinking as the woman slowly moved away with each of her last words, as if the were derived from her dying breath, eagerly spreading that which must be known. The young prince knew then more than ever that it wasn't right for him to marry a person in which he could not love, which could not be beautiful.

© 2010 Paege


Author's Note

Paege
Ignore the minor grammer mistakes please. But do review on any sentance that doesnt make sense!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Simplifying your writing makes it easier to read, and helps it to flow. For instance: "Everyone had seen the beautiful princess Zaria, though no one had managed the pleasure as to converse with her for even the slightest of a moment" is far wordier than it needs to be, and none of the excess contributes to the story, but rather, sounds awkward and pompous. Reduced to its elements, the sentence might read: "Everyone had seen the beautiful princess Zaria, but no one had conversed with her for even the slightest moment".

Another awkward sentence would be the following: "None caught his eye to his thought of unfortunance." Not only is this sentence unclear, but there is no such word as 'unfortunance'. Try rearranging it and replacing some words: "No one saw anguish in his eyes", or, "No one detected his anxious feelings". Something along those lines.

"When all love is to people is beauty, beauty needs to be defined in its well manner." Is also an example of excess. Consider trimming it down to: ""When all love is to people is beauty, beauty needs to be defined".

I enjoy the ideas you toy with here. What is beauty? Is it more than what we see? You put a nice twist on it by presenting a woman who is beautiful to all senses except sight, the dominant sense.

This piece works as a bit of philophizing, but not so much as a coherent story. The woman's appearance is a complete red herring. If you were to make this work, you would have to integrate her character into the rest of the story and present your message through showing, rather than laying it out in a speech. Perhaps the woman is an ugly servant whom the prince never pays attention to, until he goes blind and through taste, touch, hearing and smell, realizes how much more beautiful the woman is than Zaria? Just some thoughts.

I wish you all the best of luck in your writing endeavours!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Good story. It’s important (especially in our day and age) to remember and consider what true beauty is. The story in is self was well written, I thought, but don’t neglect mechanical mistakes (no matter how small)
Well done, a treat to read!
God Bless : )


Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Su
Wow Page that was really good!!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
That story leaves out a very important message that humanity must understand. I've been called ugly...but the one who calls the other ugly, only cares about looks. Great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Simplifying your writing makes it easier to read, and helps it to flow. For instance: "Everyone had seen the beautiful princess Zaria, though no one had managed the pleasure as to converse with her for even the slightest of a moment" is far wordier than it needs to be, and none of the excess contributes to the story, but rather, sounds awkward and pompous. Reduced to its elements, the sentence might read: "Everyone had seen the beautiful princess Zaria, but no one had conversed with her for even the slightest moment".

Another awkward sentence would be the following: "None caught his eye to his thought of unfortunance." Not only is this sentence unclear, but there is no such word as 'unfortunance'. Try rearranging it and replacing some words: "No one saw anguish in his eyes", or, "No one detected his anxious feelings". Something along those lines.

"When all love is to people is beauty, beauty needs to be defined in its well manner." Is also an example of excess. Consider trimming it down to: ""When all love is to people is beauty, beauty needs to be defined".

I enjoy the ideas you toy with here. What is beauty? Is it more than what we see? You put a nice twist on it by presenting a woman who is beautiful to all senses except sight, the dominant sense.

This piece works as a bit of philophizing, but not so much as a coherent story. The woman's appearance is a complete red herring. If you were to make this work, you would have to integrate her character into the rest of the story and present your message through showing, rather than laying it out in a speech. Perhaps the woman is an ugly servant whom the prince never pays attention to, until he goes blind and through taste, touch, hearing and smell, realizes how much more beautiful the woman is than Zaria? Just some thoughts.

I wish you all the best of luck in your writing endeavours!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 8, 2010
Last Updated on July 8, 2010

Author

Paege
Paege

Small Town, CA



About
You know my writings, you know me. You meet me at the beach, you know the REAL me. You meet my family, you find the roots of my insanity. more..

Writing
Me Me

A Poem by Paege


Pain Pain

A Poem by Paege



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..