Inspiration

Inspiration

A Story by Paege
"

Not really the source of all my inspiration. Only some.

"

     Sitting under that great big tree in the cool grass felt so good. To be shaded when the sun was baking everything around it made me feel in my own world. So far we had been together for two months and i still had trouble talking to you. Weather it was a mere hello, or something more intense like telling you how i felt, and showing you what i was. As if proving the point myself, I looked down at my phone and the many drafts i had made, trying to tell you to meet me there, under the giant oak. Finally, i did it, with a simple please and thank you, i requested your company, at the little park right around our neighborhood. After sending the message my stomach instantly turned to ice. It was the weirdest feeling, and i got it all the time when i was nervous. Closing my eyes and resting my head against the bark of the ancient tree, i allowed myself to drown in the memories of you. From one simple smile to the moments you held me and told me it would be alright. I could imagine you so well, every inch of your face, the simple curl to your brown hair, the intensity of your aqua eyes, and even the small dimple that formed along the surface of your cheek when you smiled. I seemed to absorb every little detail about you, at every chance i could. I was like a child, learning, always intrigued and wanting more. We didn't know a lot about each other, though we should, but it was all a part of the learning process.

     "What are you thinking of, Paege?" John said from my right. I jerked out of my revere and settled my gaze on the face i knew so well. "You we're smiling to your-self." My small smile grew wider, glad that he had come.

     "Well, i guess you'll never know, huh?" I said teasingly. We both laughed lightly until i remembered the issue at hand and grew serious.

     "What is it?" John asked with obvious curiosity. Without a word i pulled a handful of papers from the black bag that lie to my left. I handed them over, watching as a mix of my hand writing and Times New Roman flashed about along the papers. All of it was mine. Ever last word. Most girls my age text their friends to get out feelings, or they go to their mother/guardian, or they blare music until they finally calm down. Not me. I wrote out ever ounce of feeling and emotion, every thought that ran through my head. All of it traced back to one source.

     "What are these?" He asked, not taking his eyes off the top paper, reading every word that i had tried to keep hidden. Now i was letting it out.

     "I am teaching you. This is me. I wrote all of them, and all of them make up who i am. And...They may be my emotions at the time, but they all spark from one source of inspiration." His eyes tore off the page and met mine with such an intensity that a shiver snaked down my back. "You."

© 2010 Paege


Author's Note

Paege
This is more a note to thos of you who read the rest of my works, or were just wondering. Yes, just about everything i write about has the same two characters. I don't know why, i just like it that way. And to be honest, none of this has ever happened to me, even though the girls name is always paege. Soz-zian for any confusion.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
Added on July 30, 2010
Last Updated on July 30, 2010

Author

Paege
Paege

Small Town, CA



About
You know my writings, you know me. You meet me at the beach, you know the REAL me. You meet my family, you find the roots of my insanity. more..

Writing
Me Me

A Poem by Paege


Pain Pain

A Poem by Paege