Grandpa Please Don't Go

Grandpa Please Don't Go

A Poem by LivingDeath
"

My Grandpa is dying from kidney failure.. Doctors say they either have to put him through this long and unpleasant process (dialysis) or he dies :'( Me and my Grandpa are very close.

"
Running through the open fields
to jump into your arms,
laughing as we spun around
a memory that is ours.

I can see it in your eyes 
a pain you try to hide,
but you cover it with a broken smile
grandpa your one of a kind. 

You're living till the day you die
with a heart thats made of gold,
with the drive that makes you who you are
it's my heart you'll always hold.

You watched me grow from then to now
as I became more and more like you,
you held me though the ups and downs
grandpa I love you.

Don't tell me that you're dying 
because I don't want to know,
both of us are way to young
grandpa please don't go.

You still have so much life to live
and so much left to see,
so much time for us to spend
in this world so free.

Don't tell me that you're dying 
because I don't want to know,
both of us are way to young
grandpa please don't go.

© 2010 LivingDeath


Author's Note

LivingDeath
I was crying the whole time I wrote this in the middle of school, and cried for an hour more when I typed it up at home.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This touches me deeply, because I have been through something very similar as I am sure other people have as well. I can only say that watching someone go through dialysis (that is what I am assuming) can be extremely heart wrenching. I can tell you that I feel for your family and yourself, this is a genuine write. Thanks for sharing this. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Ohmygosh, this is so heartbreaking. I got tears in my eyes reading this. Its obvious you guys are so close. Cherish the time you have left with him, love. Great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is such a amazing piece of love, sadness, and life. I can't say I like this poem because I really really wish you and your grandfather were not going through something like this. All I can say is cherish every second you have with him and if you need someone to talk- I am a very good listener. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


grandpa lives on in your heart and though he's gone from sight he lives within the author's spirit....excellent write of appreciation for a relationship and its sadness that it's gone...

Posted 13 Years Ago


This touches me deeply, because I have been through something very similar as I am sure other people have as well. I can only say that watching someone go through dialysis (that is what I am assuming) can be extremely heart wrenching. I can tell you that I feel for your family and yourself, this is a genuine write. Thanks for sharing this. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awe this is sad. My Grandpa died when I was in elementary school. It was a sad time. I'm sorry that you are experiencing this .

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is beautifully saddening. Please share this with your grandpa. You're very strong to have the courage to write this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Amazing write. Please be sure to share this with him. From my own perspective. Sometimes just knowing isn't enough, if that makes any sense. Stay strong.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is just so sad and beautiful, and i know how you feel, my own grandmother passed away not too long ago too. beautiful work

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is an amazing and beautiful poem. I started to cry when I read this. I'm terribly sorry for what has happened to your Grandpa. I can't imagine what that feels like. Words can't describe just how awful this all makes me feel. I can feel all of your saddness and passion in this poem. Every word put into this piece is filled with a sarrow and despair that some may find hard to comprehend. You don't deserve all that's happened to you. But in the end, it's made you stronger. Again I am deeply sorry for your Grandpa. And finally, this poem is just deeply moving and amazing. Stunning and wonderful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful poem. Such lovely memories of time spent with your grandpa - no matter what happens, no-one can take those from you. This poem is so full of emotion - it is clear that your grandpa is very special to you.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2368 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on June 4, 2010
Last Updated on June 6, 2010

Author

LivingDeath
LivingDeath

Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada



About
"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not." ~Kurt Cobain. Wasssup guys! I am me, if you want my name, ask me for it. Life in every breath, is my motto. 22 years old, living .. more..

Writing
Stardust Stardust

A Poem by LivingDeath



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Rebecca Rebecca

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memory Memory

A Poem by Tate Morgan