{late night solace}

{late night solace}

A Poem by living lavender
"

early morning regret

"
• • • • 
even though i think of him 
more than i should say 
i am stuck between letting go 
and caring for another day 

thinking i should let go now 
knowing this is unhealthy 
but the thought of him enticing 
that logic simply evades me 

like a plague i am consumed 
by not only desires within 
but the need to daydream 
of him beneath my skin 

from there i do not dare 
to share one more naked line 
for the thoughts of my soul 
compete with the lust of my mind 
• • • •

© 2024 living lavender


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A case of lust and logic. Boy, have I been there a few times along this crazy journey.

I want to love this poem, and another part of me feels a little sad. Clearly, the subject of this poem sounds like a character of interest. At the very least, something that catches the eye. Something that pumps the blood a little, to a point it might be frightening. That kind of attraction can be fatal, and I know all too well the dangers of being tied around someone's finger due to their own alluring nature. This sounds like questioning if a situation is good or bad, and a piece of you not caring, so long as the feeling lasts.

Something that I've personally learned is that no matter how enticed you are by someone, you should always hold your heart. Perhaps hand it to those you trust, but it is yours, and yours alone. Truly, nobody can take that from you. No matter how it might feel at times.

Considering I'm about a month late to this, I hope whatever situation this poem suggests to has gone in your favor. At the very least, however the situation played out (or is it ongoing?...) you've added another beautiful poem to the world.

Remember, Lav, you always have a choice in the matter, no matter how many people scream you don't :)

Posted 2 Months Ago


Many years ago I had a similar situation. Reading your words rejuvenates the memories. I can still feel the excitement and desire I had. Some people may think we were wrong...but if I could go back in time...I would be with him again!


Posted 3 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 27, 2024
Last Updated on January 27, 2024

Author

living lavender
living lavender

location pending, CA



About
words strung together by emotions more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..