InkBlood

InkBlood

A Poem by Mercury Mirrors
"

Unfinished.

"

 

Sticky, black ink flows through my veins.
Upon my white wrists, little rivers, tiny streams.
Monstrous beauty leaps through them in ebony strains
Creations not yet born push against my skin, hear their screams!
 
Shall I let them out or keep them forever in a flesh cage?
Should I push out my demonic desires & evil thoughts through a pen?
Or should I keep them from escaping & showing the world their rage.
What if they were to see what I dream, what I write, what would they think then?
 
I can create beauty with these hands; I can bring your nightmares to life.
I can create something ugly, something terrible to fill you to the brim with fright.
I can paint you a picture of horrors, & more. Your mind is the target, my words the knife.
I can penetrate your simple self, I can make you see everything for what it is tonight.
 
My name is InkBlood, because I bleed poetic truth from every pore.
I can show you fantasies beyond your wildest dreams, tainted with gore.
I can take you anywhere just jump into the crisp white parchment sea.
I can bring you enlightenment, just let yourself bleed into me.

© 2008 Mercury Mirrors


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A powerful epic you have going here...

Monstrous beauty leaps through them in ebony strains... This is a beautiful albeit OTT phrase

I can penetrate your simple self... this is odd, it is the mind of the offender, the rapist, the psychic vampire

The truth of gore lore...attractive sort of like dirt with bugs for Jimmies on vanilla ice cream...Great start!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The title immediately reminded me of the books "Inkheart, Inkspell etc."

Wonderful imagery. I loved it. It's exactly how I feel when I write my poems, being able to bring my words to life. I absolutely adored the last line. Perfection! :D xxx

Sianna. xxx

Posted 15 Years Ago


Absolutely devastatingly good! The language was powerful that I had to finish the poem or else! This is definitely going into my Favorites. :-)

-Ephemeral

Posted 15 Years Ago


very visual piece.... like the dark tone to this.... imagery is great and flow is flawless... nice job..

Posted 15 Years Ago


Good to read your work. It's always vivid.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A powerful epic you have going here...

Monstrous beauty leaps through them in ebony strains... This is a beautiful albeit OTT phrase

I can penetrate your simple self... this is odd, it is the mind of the offender, the rapist, the psychic vampire

The truth of gore lore...attractive sort of like dirt with bugs for Jimmies on vanilla ice cream...Great start!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am disturbed. Thank you for that stunning and blatant picture. You reminded me of how long I have come over the years! Awesome job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Absolutely fantastic! I especially like the last line. Great writing, it's going in my favorites.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 26, 2008
Last Updated on June 26, 2008

Author

Mercury Mirrors
Mercury Mirrors

Pensacola, FL



About
Okay, for lack of time, (and most of all for the sake of nostalgia for my angsty and self-absorbed teenage years), I have ripped one of those ancient myspace surveys from the forgotten planes of the i.. more..

Writing
ily. ily.

A Poem by Mercury Mirrors



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..