Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Ashheart15
"

The first step is a flash into the past. To see where the story REALLY begins.

"
Prologue

In the city of Los Angeles, California, Earthquakes were common but rarely was the city shaken by as many as it was on the Third of September 1997.


 It was a cold, wet night and in a small house on an ordinary street something truly ground breaking was causing those Earthquakes.


“How could you be so irresponsible?!” a thundering voice shouted from the living room where a graying man in his Fourties was having an argument with a petite woman in her Thirties.


The man’s eyes were a stunning shade of green and they were full of barely contained rage. One finger pointed at a bassinet across the room where the source of their argument was watching the man with his newly opened eyes.


The woman was seated on the couch toying with her short brown hair while she watched the man with a steady blue gaze.


 Her brother had always had a fierce temper and she was used to dealing with him in one of his moods. Still she wished the house wouldn’t shake so violently whenever he got mad. It might upset her son.


“Irresponsible? Daniel there was no guarantee that he would be… Like you. Charles and I have always wanted a child you know that” she got up from the couch and went over to the bassinet standing as if to protect its contents.


She looked down at her baby’s striking blue eyes. A blue that would stand out as unusual to most people and make it harder for him to hide.


“There was no guarantee but your son is one of us Loretta. I can’t believe you would bring a child into the world when you know that the Peacemakers are getting stronger by the day!” the yelling upset the boy in the bassinet who began to cry.


Outside thunder sounded and when the lightning struck both Loretta and Daniel saw the shadow of a man standing outside the window. Loretta’s face went pale and she picked her son up and held him to her chest. Bouncing him up and down to stop his crying.


“They are watching the house” she whispered turning to her brother in fear. The Earthquakes had halted but she sensed that he was not as calm as he now appeared.


“Did you really think you could hide him? You know the Peacemakers always get what they want. You have put yourself and your husbands lives in danger by having this boy” Daniel’s tone was uncaring but his eyes glistened with worry as he regarded his little sister and the baby she held.


“If they want Sebastian, they will have to go through me!” she vowed defiantly clinging to her son as though he would vanish if she let him go. Her brother shook his head and she took his hand pleadingly.


“Brother, I know you have responsibilities to the world, but you must promise me that you will help me protect Sebastian. He is your nephew, you must promise me that if anything happens to me and Charles that you will keep him safe!” Daniel didn’t like children. He had never wanted them, but Loretta had always had him wrapped around her little finger.


“Alright, but don’t expect me to stay in this city and babysit him. I’ve put you in enough danger already” Sebastian watched his Uncle with curiosity and when he stood to leave the baby lifted one of his stubby arms and burbled.


Water from outside bubbled into the house from under the front door and wrapped itself around Daniel’s boot. It froze and trapped the man so he couldn’t move.


 Sebastian cooed happily and dropped his arm at the bewildered look on the man’s face.


“I’ll regret this later but I have to admit Loretta, your kid has spunk” he muttered as he regarded his frozen foot. 


Loretta smiled and the family enjoyed a peaceful night together. If only they had known what was to come, then perhaps they would have been ready.



© 2016 Ashheart15


Author's Note

Ashheart15
So that is my Prologue... You cannot imagine how many times and how many versions of it have been written. I look forward to your opinions if you take the time to review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on October 18, 2016
Last Updated on October 18, 2016


Author

Ashheart15
Ashheart15

Perth, Western Australia, Australia



About
I am a 20 year old writer from sunny Western Australia. I enjoy drinking a ridiculous amount of coffee and staring at blank Word documents. Otherwise I write horror short stories and have just comp.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Ashheart15


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ashheart15


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Ashheart15