Chapter 6: Epilogue

Chapter 6: Epilogue

A Chapter by Ashheart15
"

It is so hard, but out of the hard times comes hope.

"

I’m Thirty One, but I feel much older.

Emily is exhausting, she has nightmares and needs me to reassure her most nights. We are making slow progress though.

Lacy is reading picture books with her mother, even though Emily is very slow. Lacy is infinitely patient with her. I think Emily will get the hang of it eventually.

She’s still immensely handicapped, but its become normal. Part of our everyday lives. The progress, slow as it is, gives me hope.

Sometimes when she’s reading. I swear I see a flash of the old Emily in her eyes. Just for a moment. I hope she can still remember some of her life before.

I remember our wedding, and the soft hands that held mine as we swayed to the music. The same hands that are always reaching out to touch things she’s not supposed to touch.

The day Lacy was born, was so painful for her, but she never showed any sign of wanting to give up. She was so strong, and now I know I have to be strong for her.

I remember the day that I saw her through the window, how even though she was angry and we were only children. I knew she was beautiful.

I was right even then. She is beautiful. Sitting on the floor coloring with whiteboard markers. Its hard sometimes but I am so glad that I saw her.

I saw Emily.

                                                   END.



© 2016 Ashheart15


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on November 6, 2016
Last Updated on November 6, 2016


Author

Ashheart15
Ashheart15

Perth, Western Australia, Australia



About
I am a 20 year old writer from sunny Western Australia. I enjoy drinking a ridiculous amount of coffee and staring at blank Word documents. Otherwise I write horror short stories and have just comp.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Ashheart15


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ashheart15


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Ashheart15