In Defence of Intoxication.

In Defence of Intoxication.

A Story by Logan Carryall
"

A libertarian argument for freedoms.

"

 

In defense of intoxication:
 

            In view of an impractical world, one seeks enlightenment. Through this, one experiences the dangerous, often perilous, adventure in a freedom that is defined by life itself. Seeking truth insists upon freedom. As life moves us it is necessary to follow certain guidance—so to stream life in an upward trend. One challenges all guidance with logic. In wiser thinking we discuss morality in aspect, so to guide us by such movements that wake betterment upon others. Yet it is always our own trajectory, our distances made in life, that establish this effect. It is our experiences that teach us—our own personal experiences. In reasoned morality one sees the necessary growth required in life—growth from one’s own personal experiences. It is through bettering self, that one betters others one meets. It is in the acceptance of growth as life itself, breathing itself into existence through a path decided in reason—in caution. And also in morality one grows to the positive—those words from the wise. It is impossible to dismiss the ramifications one experiences when steeped in reasoned realities—rife with moral concept, to defend another’s right to live, by living free one’s self. From this experience, one of evolution, one measures such things (morality, personal growth, etc.) in terms of the energies of benefaction, in how many lives one meets, to strive so others about you can react—others can seek your wisdom or path by discovering your ambitions. This is how life is forged into positive directions.

The dismissal of the propagation of the species is a forced measure—the refusal to allow life to find its own way. The removal of personal experience, and personal choice, is a mockery on life itself. Life necessarily chooses an evolutionary path—be that the will of evolution, be that life is evolution. Evolution requires independent formations of individuals. The result of containment is stored energy, converting the potentials of a populous to a chosen kinetic implementation of work. Work camps and pre-destined life are its effect. Who should choose such a thing? Who should forcibly guide a soul? With what piety of understanding will one commit to the “known” universe? It is absurd to suggest such omnipotence can begat utopian ideals. It is absurd to believe man equivalent to god. Utopian ideals can never be fully realized in force, for they refuse to conceptualize all that is life—such is the limitation of man consumed by power. Man in power forgets himself, believing that he is all knowing. Logical flaws unfortunately are necessarily employed. Such omnipotence cannot exist in man, for life is beyond him. None can claim such arrogance without befitting the oppressed with "new", "reasoned", concerns—so to secure the many. Why withhold access to enlightenment? Why withhold personal responsibility? Are the masses unfit to know personal liberation, and the dangers of that adventure? Yet in that arrogance, from the man in power, instead of befitting the masses with true understanding, with education, with opportunity to excel one's self, we befit them with suppositions. These suppositions fall from the man in power, who assumes his knowledge on the situation as absolute. He assumes the peoples role in piety!! He assumes their potentials without meeting them, or knowing them!! Are such things no longer immoral or unjust? To secure a basis that cannot be founded in logical assessments on life? Elitism controls the many, in decision of the few. It is a containment that spurs on injustice, for representation cannot exist from the versatile channels that stem from man—from life.  

 Necessarily we must face reality alone, and held only by those who have willingly chosen to participate—our family and friends. Those relationships we form in freedom are absolute in emotion, for those connections we form are by our own will. We have personal will, in agreement with the soul. We must believe in self, to find our will, by achieving victories, to enlighten our world. It is through our constant questioning that we develop concrete ideas—simply challenging things by logic. We must know logic to know truth. It is our only tool. And through this we forge bonds of pure human interaction—true emotion, behind every action is true intent--personal intent. It is the purest sense of self--one with control, and humility, to an understanding of the grandeur of this, the real world. It is positive in essence, empowering in concept, and logical—as it is defined by reality.

But the loneliness is a frightening concern. For the snares and dangers that exist in the world, no remedy seems findable. Such horrors exist, to shake the will of a person—to destroy. This fear, summoned and always present within the field of the unknown, is what pressures logic to fail man. This is how man forgets himself. What remises his growth? It is this fear. It is imperative to quit such quibbles, for fear is only unaddressed freedom and unaddressed empowerment—un-sought for reality. Only experience, and positivity, can overcome the unknown, in wary concentrations—with great efforts. So it is necessary to believe in ones fellow man’s existence and sense to conceive reality—our mentality, one of personal honesty, forces understanding and trust, so to allow for better life-conception through versatile testing with logic. Groups of the independent think independently to form greater ideals—dumfounding fear by communality. In free-land’s we insist upon our brother to keep his own flock, and to his own flock. In this we will find many parallels in thought that reinforce us—the things that give us comfort from fear. Many free men find the same truth in freedom. My neighbor's valor can justify strength in me—what one man can do, another can do. Ignorance will hinder our benefits, and will unnecessarily group me with my neighbor—the ignorance that deals in generalities to secure one’s self from fear. Although two men live similar lives, they are not the same.               

Not everyone is the same—this adds to the fear of genetic evolutionary independence. Some wish to be ignorant as to how unique they truly are. With originality one finds loneliness and fear. If one speaks in generalities it usually is to benefit an unaddressed issue, one of fear. It is an incomplete view of reality—this is ignorance, in aspect. Generalities resist nuance, and change, due to its innate subjectivism—and its basis in "societal" determinants (one of elitist dictation). Once one perceives a "group", its nuance becomes defined by the “outsider” who spurred this grouping. The independent spirit is dismissed. This is what is propagated under fascism—a fear for security, and of comfort, begets an underlying ignorance of reality, by forging one's own judgments from another—the mind of an elitist. Independent thought, as well as action, become mythological under the weight of fascism.

            But in freedom, donated by life, we still face the fears of another day. And so we attempt to live today. We attempt the struggles, finding truth, and bizarre hilarity; in betwixt the climaxes we conquer. With personal will one finds personal victory. So is a good life to be remembered. Yet, in the hole, in the pit of despair, I heard a pot-head admit this previous understanding to me. And so I felt myself moved. In my soul I felt empowered. To myself I yielded only to my logic. So, f**k drug laws. Admit personal responsibility, and let go. Unless one infringes upon another, there is no damage that lives unjustly. Sometimes the hard times get so hard, they got high—and lived on to find wisdom another day. Who can judge another with true admittance of what one knows? With what morality, and life experience, can one demand anything from someone else? Someone the elitist has never met. Admit reality, to eventually shine free, under our world that has built itself, and forged us, in a free and evolving universe of energy.

© 2008 Logan Carryall


Author's Note

Logan Carryall
Ok, so I proof-read, and corrected some run-on's. (wrote it late...)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hey Mr. C,

I am not sure I understood the whole point of your essay. I read it, and re-read some of the paragraphs and at the risk of sounding dense I will make this assessment... If you wanted permission to partake in a little herbal enlightenment, relief, entertainment, whatever... If you needed someone to tell you it's okay, I could have done that. It's okay. Does that sound too stupid?

There was a time I got high everyday. Shhh don't tell (see K slide down in chair). I don't know if it was a good thing, I don't know if it was bad. It served a purpose at the time...

"But in freedom, in life, we still face the fears of another day. And so we attempt to live today." I think that about says it all...

I had priorities straight, rent, food gas for the car. I was a young mother. That is probably the biggest doubt I have about that time. I was very frugal and often teased by my friends at how long I could make a bag last... "You still smokin the stuff we bought last week?" Well yes, what K buys stays at her house and she only shares with visitors. Gee, maybe I shouldn't say that, seems like I didn't get many visitors huh?

You know what I think? I think alot of people would be better off smokin it up from time to time, than adding to the coffers of the pharmaceutical companies. Ms. K takes those now too, hmm, maybe she should take her own advice instead... nah. Mom you know, things have to stay in perspective.

Just remember that the problems that are there when you get high will still be there when you're not. I have some personal experience with that as well.

My teenage son knows his mother indulged in her day, and used that as an excuse for his own experimentation. I wasn't angry, just scared for him. It is easy to let life pass you by in a purple haze. He is less than scholarly, and that is being kind...

My this is a revealing comment, maybe I should go put my glasses on and climb back in my helicopter...

Ms. K




Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hey Mr. C,

I am not sure I understood the whole point of your essay. I read it, and re-read some of the paragraphs and at the risk of sounding dense I will make this assessment... If you wanted permission to partake in a little herbal enlightenment, relief, entertainment, whatever... If you needed someone to tell you it's okay, I could have done that. It's okay. Does that sound too stupid?

There was a time I got high everyday. Shhh don't tell (see K slide down in chair). I don't know if it was a good thing, I don't know if it was bad. It served a purpose at the time...

"But in freedom, in life, we still face the fears of another day. And so we attempt to live today." I think that about says it all...

I had priorities straight, rent, food gas for the car. I was a young mother. That is probably the biggest doubt I have about that time. I was very frugal and often teased by my friends at how long I could make a bag last... "You still smokin the stuff we bought last week?" Well yes, what K buys stays at her house and she only shares with visitors. Gee, maybe I shouldn't say that, seems like I didn't get many visitors huh?

You know what I think? I think alot of people would be better off smokin it up from time to time, than adding to the coffers of the pharmaceutical companies. Ms. K takes those now too, hmm, maybe she should take her own advice instead... nah. Mom you know, things have to stay in perspective.

Just remember that the problems that are there when you get high will still be there when you're not. I have some personal experience with that as well.

My teenage son knows his mother indulged in her day, and used that as an excuse for his own experimentation. I wasn't angry, just scared for him. It is easy to let life pass you by in a purple haze. He is less than scholarly, and that is being kind...

My this is a revealing comment, maybe I should go put my glasses on and climb back in my helicopter...

Ms. K




Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

321 Views
1 Review
Added on August 28, 2008
Last Updated on September 4, 2008

Author

Logan Carryall
Logan Carryall

Upstate, NY



About
Logan Carryall is a young man who lives in the apple orchards of New York, New York. About ten minuets from the Hudson River, Logan drinks near barges and trains. The world seems much bigger without a.. more..

Writing