Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Crow

It was raining. Hard. Thunder and lightning lit up the sky. Everyone was inside their homes. Well, almost everyone. Zachary Calomin was running across the wet castle courtyard. He had been summoned by the Mage, and no one ignored the Mage.    

Zachary did not know why the Mage had summoned him, only that it was urgent. The Mage called him again.  

 "Hurry, Zachary!" She called in his mind. "Before I fade!"   

Zachary ran faster.   

By the time he got to the top of the Mage's tower, he was soaked in both rain and sweat. He pushed open the large oak door and walked in.   

The Mage was sitting on a blue mat in the center of the room. Her silver hair looked like she just got out of bed. Her wrinkled hands were crossed over her chest.   

"Zachary. Come here. It's almost time!" The Mage's voice was husky and low.  

 "Almost time for what, Master?" Zachary asked as he sat down next to the Mage.   

"There is something I must tell you, Zachary," said the Mage, ignoring his question.   

"What is it, Master?" Asked Zachary. He was curious about what his master had to tell him but annoyed that his question had been ignored.  

"The Enemy is rising, Zachary. Be wary."   

"How can I stop it?"   

"The Dragonborn." The Mage gasped for breath. "A new Dragonborn is coming. Find her. Train her. Protect her. She will know what to do."    

The Mage started coughing. When it stopped, she layed down and put her head in Zachary's lap. She looked up at him with big, blue eyes. The Mage lifted her hand and placed it on Zachary's cheek.   

"No! Master, stop! Please!" cried Zachary. 

However. It was too late. The Mage had given Zachary all of her knowledge and memories.   Tears streamed down Zachary's face as the Mage closed her eyes and faded away, leaving him alone.



© 2019 Crow


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on April 11, 2019
Last Updated on August 18, 2019


Author

Crow
Crow

Writing
Divarication Divarication

A Story by Crow


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Crow


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Crow