Fluffy the Curious Bunny

Fluffy the Curious Bunny

A Story by LolaNicole

Finally, a free night to get out on the town and just my luck absolutely no one is available! It's late fall here and the evenings are beginning to get chilly, so I bundle up in my new yellow wool trench and head out solo. The neat little flat I rent is only a few blocks out of the city and I'm in dire need of exercise; denying myself the convenient cab ride. At the end of the block, I stop looking both ways for traffic (a childhood lesson instilled by my mother). That's when I notice a dancing glow of light to my left. Starring down the length of the dark street, I realize I've never gone that direction. During the day, all you can see are woods, which begs to question where this light is coming from. Curiosity gets the better of me and I cautiously make my way toward the luminous glow. Edging closer, I can tell the lights are twinkling, like those on  a Christmas tree. Suddenly, I hear a rustling in the bushes and my heartbeat speeds up.
"Hello?"
"Who's out there?", I call out, feeling silly like a scared child.
Just then, a small, fluffy, white bunny appears in front of me. I feel relief flood over my body as I relax and let out a slight giggle. Unknowingly, I bend down to pet this adorable, timid creature. Or so I think. Without warning, the precious bunny attacks! Giant, razor sharp claws slashing, easily tearing through my once yellow wool trench; now sheathed in a coating of my own blood. Sharp, fanged teeth ripping into my flesh like a hot knife cutting butter. The creature releases a horrible, bone chilling screech drowning out my own pleas and calls for help. Then, satisfying it's fill, the fluffy, blood spattered, white bunny slips back into the woods to await the next curious victim.

© 2016 LolaNicole


Author's Note

LolaNicole
All criticism/comments welcome! I'm trying to practice a very descriptive writing style, so that the reader feels connected.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You should feel connected, if you live.
A lot of insane people have crossed my path, but and insane rabbit ?
I probably know where you are going with this---
You are going to hell if you don`t get out of that wood and away from that neurotic rabbit.
It was a nice story as far as it went. Good luck and God bless.
----- Eagle Cruagh

Posted 7 Years Ago


LolaNicole

7 Years Ago

Thank you and beware of the white rabbit!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
1 Review
Added on December 16, 2016
Last Updated on December 16, 2016

Author

LolaNicole
LolaNicole

Decatur, TN



About
I have been writing - mainly poetry for about 25 years. I'm married to the most wonderful man. Recently I've worked in developing my short story and children's book skills. I hope to soon begin work .. more..

Writing