Euthanasia

Euthanasia

A Poem by London Calling
"

I tend to scribble allot, I found this piece that I wrote about 7 years ago... Hope it makes sense. I chose the title because in Greek; Euthanasia means good death. Which is an oxymoron of note in my opinion. There is no hidden meaning behind the piece,

"

The gracious flight that falls as it flies,

Depressing laughs and joyful cries

Frightening sound of deafening silence

Sorely missed peace of endless violence.

 

Creators of a total end

Rejecting your new best friend

 

The methodical chaos that you're born into

Venomous liars that speak the truth

Deflection of light, reflecting the night

Blind men walking adjusting their sights.

 

 

© 2009 London Calling


Author's Note

London Calling
Thats it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked this. But..it was a tad deep in imagery that I couldn't quite grasp the underlying meaning for. It had a great feel and a strong impact, but again, I am left scratching my head on the "big meaning".

So...my suggestion is to give us a hint in the title. Or spell it out completely.

Whatever the meaning I LOVE the last line and the paradox of the blind men. Good stuff!!

--Jon

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very, very nicely written. I love the imagery and language, the flow is great and the piece is simply lovely. There is one little typo in there, though, that's driving me nuts. "joyfu cries" I believe you mean "joyful", yes? Haha, aside from that this piece is very well done. Great work!

-Howl

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the vocabulary is really great. But I am missing the meaning, what are you trying to bring to the reader?
I like to have a message in mind when I start to writ something, that way naturally your writing tends to follow the path of the message.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very good writing, and a worthy addition to my Group, "Twilight's Disciples"! Whilst there are no "gidden meanings", there are still meanings to the metaphors and imagery which have been used. Otherwise, no writer would apply them!

Now, in terms of purpose, the writer's description provides a neat summary. Overall, this is an eloquent representation of the journey towards death.

"The methodical chaos you're born into". This is a way of suggesting the chaotic world into which we are born, nothing more than that. I have also know a similar phrase, to be used elsewhere, "organised chaos"!

One minor spelling error, is the word "liers". It should be spelt, "liars" (unless your version is simply due to an Americanism of the word). Thankyou kindly, for sharing this with us! So far, I have not read much of your work, so this came as a most pleasant surprise!


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the name and the poem itself is very good and thought provoking. I prefere to read things that make me think instead of the fluff that points out every little thing to us...well done.
LOve your writing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I loved this poem! excellent...i would not change the name....i think it fits like a nice pair of comfy gloves....excellent write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Like the last verse esp. It is bleak but such is life when looked at with a purity of mind. But we can't afford to look at it in such a way and so we gradually swing into step with everyone else as we jog along.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love clever juxtapositions and this is sure a tasty bit for me to feast upon. One of my favorite authors Chuck Klosterman once said "In and of itself nothing really matters. What matters is nothing is really in and of itself." After I read this piece it was the first thought that popped into my head. Then there is always Wilde's famous line "I can resist anything but Temptation." There are a couple of mis-spelled words, but this was really well done.

"Frightening sound of deafening silence

Sorely missed peace of endless violence.



Creators of a total end"


These were my favorite lines. In its brevity this reflects a multitude of paradoxes. I love the contradiction, the blatant obviousness that as a race we are almost rushing into the open arms of destruction...and destruction's arms belong to man himself.

For a title maybe... "Polonius" who in Hamlet birthed the famous "though it's madness, there's a method to it" (not verbatim but you get the idea). There are so many titles that would fit nicely to this piece, I can't wait to see what you decide on.



Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked this. But..it was a tad deep in imagery that I couldn't quite grasp the underlying meaning for. It had a great feel and a strong impact, but again, I am left scratching my head on the "big meaning".

So...my suggestion is to give us a hint in the title. Or spell it out completely.

Whatever the meaning I LOVE the last line and the paradox of the blind men. Good stuff!!

--Jon

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

405 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 3, 2009
Last Updated on July 28, 2009

Author

London Calling
London Calling

Jozi , Tattoos, South Africa



About
Mental person, who happens to enjoy writing. Love music with every ounce within me...(only decent music that is). Love poetry, love reading, love using the brain I was blessed with! Have a morbid.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Memory Memory

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Sun Dried Sun Dried

A Poem by Bubo