The End of My Time Series; End of Days (Part 2 of 5)

The End of My Time Series; End of Days (Part 2 of 5)

A Story by Kyle
"

Part 2 of 5

"

The journey I have embarked on is coming to a long ill fated close. Unable to fight the cruel hands of fate, I have surrendered. Destiny shall always prevail. What is destined to be, will be. However, my hopes and dreams were not what destiny ordered. Distraught I ran off into the woods yet again. I find solace being alone, alone is all I will ever know.

You can never defeat fate. Why bother? As I walk in the woods I look around at the snow covered ground. This is where it ends. I had my last stand and was knocked down. I never win! Though no one told me, I know *** choice. The hands of time are not on my side. How comforting is it that the one place I can be me, is alone here in the snow covered forest? I sit down on a rock and let the tears fall to the ground. I am a man, yet I am not afraid to let my true emotions show when I am alone, surrounded by peace.

All my life, I have suffered set back after set back after set back. Each time I have risen, stronger then before. This time it is different. I shall not rise again. My heart has suffered its fatal blow. People may offer words of encouragement but it falls on deaf ears. I no longer have the drive to continue. No desire. My soul is empty, broken, defeated.

The sun tries to shine, tell me everything is going to be all right in the end. This is a lie, I see through it. Nothing will ever be better, nothing! The one thing I wanted most out of life is gone. I have nothing, I no longer want anything. As my mood stays focused.... the dark sky appears yet again. I curse out! Strike me down! What is the f*****g point anymore? Nothing is worth it without ***.

Darkness surrounds me. This is it, hopefully the end comes quicker then the beginning of it all. Lighting strikes all around. A tree catches fire. Flames fall around me. This is the end! I came here knowing that. People told me, "Stay, it will be ok!". I knew better... I see through lies! The snow starts to blow around in a circle. A white cold tornado is now coming down on me, I shall feel its wrath. Another lighting strike lands right in front of me knocking me to the ground. I hit the ground hard, no longer have the will to get up. I lay there, ready to be taken.

As the hell I am about to endure gets closer to finishing the job I see the same Grey wolf from before telling me to get up. This time, I do not give in to its urge. I refuse to live to fight another day. This is the end, the end of days! The wolf looks at me and gives up. It runs off and out of sight. A branch from the tree above me is on fire and falls down and crashes on me.

Even if I wanted to escape, I no longer have that choice. I am pinned down. The fire burns at my flesh. The smell of my flesh burning is very sickening. The pain I endure is bad, but not as bad as the pain *** put me through. What a way to go out... a blaze of glory. Somehow I imagine *** would appear and save me like *** did long ago. However, this time I know that will not be. The pain becomes intense as the fire eats away at me.

The flashbacks start back and I see my life flash before my eyes. If only I knew how it all would turn out. If only I could turn back the hands of time. I see myself as a child, a school boy, playing football, first day of high school, my prom, and graduation. They mean nothing to me now.... Nothing matters, the end will come soon. The flashbacks end when another branch falls on to my head. The force of the impact caves part of my skull in.

I can no longer think straight. My skull has been crushed, my flesh burnt. Still, this is no where close to the pain *** put me through. A quick end is all I can hope for now. Hope has been few and far between for me in my past life. I feel blood pour from my head... soon it will be over. I can taste my blood.... it is bitter sweet that it ends like this.

Voices come from a distance... looking for me. I can no longer forge a sound from my throat... I lay, trapped in a fiery hell. The voices get closer.... I hear them! Strange voices, though. I recognize them! I try to correct my sight but blood burns my eyes. They are here! They have found me! I am able for a second to catch a glimpse of those who have come to me on this night. Terror runs through my veins. Ghost of my past stare at me. They have came to take me with them. The end is finally here.

I am floating now.... how is this possible? I look around and then I look down. I see my body laying motionless as the fire eats away at its remains. My God, is this what I wanted? Is this really the only way to forever escape the pain *** caused me? For these questions, I shall never know the answers. I made a choice and can not go back on it. My fate is determined, this is the end.... the end of days.

© 2009 Kyle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well.....I think I get the drift....and well....its 'you'...isn't it Kyle....tell me I'm correct...
Very well written...hooking me on!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 16, 2009

Author

Kyle
Kyle

Huntington, WV



About
Kyle. 27. Ohio University C/O 2012. Married to my lovely wife, Carolyn. more..

Writing
Refuge Refuge

A Poem by Kyle