Nothing But Hypocrites?

Nothing But Hypocrites?

A Story by Kyle
"

(Warning: Some Strong Language.. May not be suitable for younger audiences.) Read this, and think about what I have written. It does have a meaning behind it... I do not care if you comment or review it, I just hope you will read it. I hope it makes

"

Another day is coming to an end. I climb to the top of the mountain and look down below on the valley. I see the sun setting in the distance, and watch as plumes of smoke rise from tiny houses down below on this chilly late evening. The people down below go about their lives, like robots, they are programmed. Change is something they fear. The lives they live are like clockwork, everyday, no change. The routine is the same, wake up, go to work, come home, go to bed, and repeat. In this day though, they are two faced. No one seems to care about anyone else, a tiny bubble they live in. I am invisible, they do not see me, yet I see them.

You see these people have no soul, they are not independent, they are sheep. Selfish little sheep, that is all they are, all they will be. People may ask me why I think this. It is simple, the people care only of themselves and no one else. No longer is there good on this planet... everyone has motives hidden that they do not show to anyone else. No one cares about anyone but themselves. This is a fact, and can not be challenged, then again... maybe it can.

The doctor is not concerned with the cancer stricken patient, only the big check he receives to pay his house payment on his mansion. If the patient lives, or dies, he will get paid... that is all that matters to him.

The politician may kiss babies and shake hands, but that means nothing to him. He wants your vote, and will do anything to receive it. When he is elected, you are useless to him. He is in power now, and will take cash from the dirty scum on Capital Hill and do what they want. He is their puppet, and you are his.

The priest may smile and preach the word of God on Sunday, yet he has no problem depriving a young boy of his innocence. The young boy trust this self proclaimed "man of God" to help him lead a life of good, yet the priest feels him with evil.

The loving husband will come home to his loving family. He will smile and kiss his wife, yet a few hours ago he was f*****g his secretary. His wife is meaningless to him, he only wants her body, not her heart. He cares nothing of her.... if she were to die in a wreck, he would have her replaced... he has already replaced her.

The cop is corrupt. He may say he defends the town but he will take what you have to offer. You go 20 over the speed limit, better do him a favor to get let off the hook. He scouts the area, not for crime, but for the next piece of a*s. His family back at home better not find out, if they do, he will lay down the law by leaving his wife battered and bruised.

Back at the church, people praise Jesus and say they will uphold his light. They are some of the biggest hypocrites of all. They will attend church on Sunday morning and afterwards rush back to their life of sin. They will say abortion is murder on Sunday, yet are the first to rush out on Tuesday and vote for someone who supports this act.
----------------------------------
Is there really any good left on this earth? I believe there is still some good to be found.
---------------------------------
The cancer patient knows her life is coming to an end. She makes the most of the time she has left on this Earth to get right with God, and share stories of her past to her grandchildren who will then pass it on to their kids.

The voter rushes to to polls and hopes to make a difference. The man he helps elect fails him. The poor are still here suffering, so he takes a stand and spends time after working a long day of work to help the less fortunate by donating time and money to help meet their needs.

The boy who is abused by the priest does not hide his emotions, instead he shares them with others so that they may avoid this type of pain and evil.

The wife knows her husband is cheating on her, yet she cares about her kids. She does not want to hurt them so she continues in this relationship not for her, but so that her kids may live a "normal" life.

The cop comes home and finds that his wife knows the truth. She confronts him and he punches her in the face. She covers up and begins to cry as blood runs down her face. The boy comes home from school and sees his father for who he really is. He rushes into his room and pulls out an shiny object. He runs back into the room as his mother lays almost lifeless. One shot is all it takes, and he takes the life out of his father and saves the life of his mother.

The church members rush home to their normal lives, yet there are a few who really care about Gods word and instead of rushing home, help out with counseling a youth who has gotten pregnant at the age of 15. She is scared, yet they let her know that they and God, are here for her. Knowing this, she keeps the baby. She is brave, and strong.

----------------------------------

As I look down on the valley, I realize that there is still good on this Earth, and maybe we have a chance at better days. Many people are hypocrites, yet many also are not. Some truly are good, and they are our only hope. The sun has now set and the moon has risen. A new day will begin tomorrow. This new day means we can start over. We have a new chance at living a life of good, not of evil. Shall we rise to the occasion? Or shall we let the darkness cover our planet? The choice is yours and yours alone, stand up, or are you nothing but a hypocrite?
 

© 2009 Kyle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I couldn't say it any better!!! There is simply sooo much truth here that it actually hurts to read it. Being born in the 70's I have certainly known better times and have always hoped for better and fight for better. I don't expect to go back to that time period but you are right.. wages versus cost of living has everything cutting throats to rise to the top which isn't really that much more money when you look at what things cost!!! The more important things should be people and the things we do for each other... doesn't have to cost money.. spend "time" not money!!! I have a poem called Freedom A Fantasy and Rich in Family that pertains to this as well as Capitalist Machine and Spending Ways all four are poems... I live every day with what you say above.. I have always put people before material needs or money.. Thank you for your powerful writing.. there is just so much truth to that and the everyday hippocrites that I pray for.. as they do have good and bad in them.. I just watch to see their choices!!! =)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I liked how it had a 'mirror effect'. What I mean by that is that every statement you have to reflected back, but with a twist. Nice.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I couldn't say it any better!!! There is simply sooo much truth here that it actually hurts to read it. Being born in the 70's I have certainly known better times and have always hoped for better and fight for better. I don't expect to go back to that time period but you are right.. wages versus cost of living has everything cutting throats to rise to the top which isn't really that much more money when you look at what things cost!!! The more important things should be people and the things we do for each other... doesn't have to cost money.. spend "time" not money!!! I have a poem called Freedom A Fantasy and Rich in Family that pertains to this as well as Capitalist Machine and Spending Ways all four are poems... I live every day with what you say above.. I have always put people before material needs or money.. Thank you for your powerful writing.. there is just so much truth to that and the everyday hippocrites that I pray for.. as they do have good and bad in them.. I just watch to see their choices!!! =)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 13, 2009

Author

Kyle
Kyle

Huntington, WV



About
Kyle. 27. Ohio University C/O 2012. Married to my lovely wife, Carolyn. more..

Writing
Refuge Refuge

A Poem by Kyle