Attack of the Zombie Clones!

Attack of the Zombie Clones!

A Story by Jason Scott
"

A fun light hearted Halloween themed romp. A guy tries to rescue his would-be girlfriend from a spiteful ex-girlfriend who is a witch who wants to use her as a catalyst for a zombie takeover!

"

ATTACK OF THE ZOMBIE CLONES!


Todd and his friend Lynn had just completed their visit at Spookfest! A Halloween themed event located deep in a rural area of Florida. It was a long out of the way drive but well worth it. The haunted houses, scare actors, set pieces, and overall ambience oozed Halloween to the nth degree. The two friends left the event laughing and kidding around with each other. And yet these two friends held an undeniable attraction for one another that went far beyond just friendship.


But as they made their way to their cars in the mostly empty parking lot they were confronted by Belle, Todd's kinda sorta but not really ex-girlfriend. Todd and Belle briefly dabbled in random dating, but nothing really came of it. Well at least not for Todd. Belle was the extremely jealous type and assumed that Lynn was his new girlfriend.


With a wave of her hand and point of her finger Belle hit Lynn with a spell that caused her to fall into a deep sleep! Todd was somewhat aware of Belle's interest in witchcraft, but he never took it too seriously. Before Todd could come to Lynn's aid Belle blasted him with magic that sent him flying backwards and knocked him out cold!


Todd awoke with a start. He looked around frantically for Lynn, but she was no where to be found. Alarmed, he quickly rose to his feet and immediately began searching for his friend. Todd's heart pounded as he rushed along a promenade lined with thorny bushes. His mind raced with thoughts of Lynn as he came upon a misty lake rife with a cacophony of nocturnal creatures. She was more than just a friend to him, he cared for her romantically and was planning on telling her tonight. Lynn was a pretty girl. She had shoulder length blonde hair, a clear complexion, busty chest, and a fairly voluptuous figure. She was a tall girl six foot in height, which intimidated some guys. But her sweet and shy disposition belied her somewhat imposing appearance.


Todd pressed on with his frantic search. He didn't know where he was going, but he knew he was going the right way. However he soon he found himself in rather malevolent company. From seemingly out of nowhere Todd was accosted by ghastly ghouls that tormented his soul. Foul beasts lashed out at every turn with gnashing teeth. These abominations were likely manifested from Belle's appalling magic. But through a furrowed brow and clenched teeth Todd fought off these unholy adversaries. And his bravery paid off. There in a hollow hidden away by the long gnarled arm like branches of age old trees was the decrepit dwelling of Belle. With his muscles aching and chest heaving from labored breathing Todd cautiously approached the seemingly abandoned abode.


Todd crept up to a window and peered inside. There strapped to a table was the still unconscious Lynn, though she appeared to be unharmed. Angered Todd summoned up additional bravery and burst through the front door with brazen bravado. But no sooner did he make his grand entrance when Belle made her presence known, coyly inviting him to come closer. “I am not in the mood for games Belle, release her!” Said Todd in a demanding voice. “You are just in time to meet my first batch of Lynn zombie clones.” Answered Belle with an evil smirk. Opening the door behind her four scantily clad zombie Lynn clones shambled their way out! Their movements were awkward and slow. But once their eyes fell upon Todd they began to pursue him with a methodical menace. Startled Todd stepped back, nearly toppling over in the process. Belle laughed out loud at his clumsily folly. “The perfect mix of magic and science. I used her DNA to create them. I will make thousands more, and there is nothing you can do to stop me!” Belle shouted boastfully.


Having no means of defense Todd retreated outside. He could still hear Belle's evil laughter as ran blindly through the dark foreboding woods. Tree branches almost seemed to be reaching out for him, gashing his flesh and tearing up his clothes. In his panicked haste he stumbled before losing his balance and then tumbled head over heels down a steep decline. Finally he bashed his head against a tree and was again knocked out cold.


When Todd finally came to his head was pounding. He reluctantly pulled himself to his feet and groggily attempted to orientate himself with his surroundings. As his eyes strained to focus in the darkness he was surprised to see yet another domicile, a small cottage nestled among a grove of trees. Todd sensed no hostility towards this quaint little home. In desperate need of help Todd approached the front door and gingerly knocked.


Much to his surprise the homeowner was Carla! Carla was a kind woman Todd dated briefly a while back, although she could be a bit of an airhead at times. Noticing Todd's wounds she quickly ushered him inside. As Carla treated his injuries Todd explained everything that happened with Belle and Lynn. When Todd finished his story Carla stood up and announced she would help him.


But how?” Todd asked inquisitively. “Because like Belle I too am a witch.” Answered Carla, which left Todd dumbfounded. Carla went to work immediately. She flipped through the dusty pages of a large ancient tome, looking for a potion or two that would help Todd. Carla added a myriad of ingredients to a bubbling cauldron until it almost spilled over. She spoke strange words as stirred the curious mixture in its simmering pot. Until she finally poured some of it into two large vials.


Carla proudly held the vials up while proclaiming “Ta-da!” “And just what is that?” Todd asked. “These potions will undue the zombie status of the Lynn clones.” Said Carla. “But how?” Inquired Todd. “Simple, when shattered these vials will release a bright pink smoke. If any of the zombie Lynn clones are caught in it, it will cure them of their zombie affliction!” And to demonstrate, Carla threw down one of the vials which filled her small cottage with bright pink smoke.


Carla, I get it. You didn't have to do that!” Said Todd as he waved the smoked away from his face through intermittent coughing. “But what about Belle?” Todd asked warily. “Oh, I know!” Carla answered jubilantly. Once again Carla went to work on creating some sort of strange elixir. She flipped through the pages of another spell book as her small black cat curiously watched her. And after a few minutes of mixing and stirring she produced a bright green potion. “Here!” She said with a smile as she thrust the potion in Todd's face. “It looks like an energy drink. But what will this do?” Said Todd as he sniffed the odd elixir. “It will keep you safe from any magic Belle attempts to cast on you.” Beamed Carla. “But its effects are temporary.”


Todd shrugged his shoulders as he drank down the sickly sweet concoction. But he felt no different. “Alright, I am off to rescue Lynn. I just...” But then Todd did feel different. Suddenly the composition of his entire body changed, rendering it soft and mushy all the way through bones and all! “What the hell just happened to me!?” Todd blurted out. Carla sheepishly walked up to Todd and gently poked his flesh with her fingertip. She then dabbed her fingertip in her mouth as her face turned bright red. “Oh no.” She said with an embarrassed tone to her voice. “What!?” Todd blurted out. “The spell turned your body into marshmallow.” Carla answered.


Marshmallow!?! Shouted Todd. “Yes, marshmallow. I must have made a mistake somewhere. Let me find something else to help you.” Said Carla as she frantically flipped through the pages of yet another spell book. “There is no time for that. I have to rescue Lynn and stop Belle before it is too late.” Todd replied as he grabbed the other vial. “Be careful Todd!” Said Carla with concern in her voice. Without another word Todd rushed through Carla's front door with an unbridled determination.


Todd made his way back to Belle's through the dark and eerie woods. As he drew close to his destination the trees swayed menacingly, as if trying to intimidate him. But Todd truly cared for Lynn and he would not be so easily frightened. Todd finally arrived at Belle's domain, and yet nothing thwarted him. Realizing he may be walking into a trap Todd readied himself as he threw open Belle's door.


Lynn was still strapped to the table, but now she was awake. Upon seeing him her eyes grew wide. “Todd, its a trap! Get out!” She pleaded. But Todd once again demanded that Belle release her. However the overly confident Belle simply stepped aside as there were now ten zombie Lynn clones! She leered at Todd as the zombie clones went after him.


However this was exactly what he wanted. Todd ran at first, but once he got far enough away from Belle's dwelling he allowed them to catch up. And once the zombie Lynn clones began to converge on Todd from all sides and got close enough, he pulled out the vial and threw it on the ground. Unfortunately it didn't break, instead it only cracked! Todd tried to reach for the vial but it was too late!


One of the zombie Lynn clones bit Todd's arm, causing him to cry out in pain. Another bit into his shoulder and another his neck. Todd threw them back but there was too many of them. The zombie Lynn clones lunged at Todd, biting into every part of his soft marshmallow body. Todd tried to escape but he was surrounded. He was now much lighter being made up entirely of marshmallow. The zombie Lynn clones were able to pick Todd up and effortlessly hold him in mid air.


They ate him alive. Voraciously devouring every bit of poor Todd as he struggled in vain to escape. Several excruciating minutes it was all over. There was absolutely nothing left of Todd, save for his torn up clothes scattered on the ground. As the zombie Lynn clones began to shamble away one of them accidentally stepped on the vial. It shattered releasing a plume of bright pink smoke they were all caught in.


As the smoke dissipated all the zombie Lynn clones were cured from their zombie affliction, returning them to humans. Although now completely non threatening they were nothing more than mindless clones that wandered about. As for poor Todd he was somehow still alive and self aware that he was digesting in the stomachs of ten Lynn clones. Likely an unfortunate side effect of Carla's flawed magic. And a rather humiliating and agonizing end for Todd.


Epilogue :


Carla learning of Todd's demise becomes infuriated. In a fit of rage Carla conjures up devastating magic that vanquishes Belle! She is even able to save Lynn. Although Belle's defeat and Lynn's rescue is rather bittersweet with Todd's passing.

© 2023 Jason Scott


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on October 13, 2023
Last Updated on October 13, 2023
Tags: zombies, magic, witches, ex-girlfriends

Author

Jason Scott
Jason Scott

St. Petersburg, FL



About
I enjoy short story writing. I welcome criticism. I simply want to share my writing. I initially started posting short stories on Facebook that I called "Snipits" Because they were VERY short in lengt.. more..

Writing
Hero Hero

A Story by Jason Scott


Vacay Vacay

A Story by Jason Scott