A Crush

A Crush

A Story by Alisha Shadow Miller
"

Just a friendly romance to lighten my collection. Enjoy!!!

"

A Crush

By: Alisha Miller

 

     I loved her. Her name was Melissa and I loved her more than anything else in the world. I have known Melissa since she moved into my neighborhood when I was nine. She was seven and even then she was beautiful. I remember that day perfectly. I was playing a blood thirsty game of kickball with some of the other kids in the neighborhood. I saw the blue Toyota Camry pull into the cul-de-sac. I saw Melissa through the untinted window of the left backseat. Her short sandy blonde hair as wrapped in a green bandana, it was decorated with small figures of Tinkerbell all over it; her hazel eyes were shimmering in the late-morning brilliance. I watched her pass by, unable to look away.

          “Sean! Hey; you listening? It’s your turn to kick!” Keith, my best friend from next door, pulled me out of my distracted thoughts. I couldn’t really hear what he was saying I was busy staring after the car that elegant angel was riding in. I saw it pull into the driveway of that old grey two-story house across the street. Her mom was the first one out of the car. She was really stunning and looked so much like Melissa. She climbed out of the driver’s seat, thrusting the door shut with a loud thud. The whole time gawking at the old place. Then Melissa’s dad got out, he was a short stocky guy smoking a pipe and wearing glasses; what a nerd!

          I swear I stopped breathing when Melissa got out of the car. She was dressed in a sea green t-shirt that displayed Sebastian from “The Little Mermaid”, short kaki capris, and black sneakers. Keith had given up trying to talk to me and instead began watching them like I was.

          “Ya know if you like ‘er you should go in talk to ‘er.” Keith said patting me on the shoulder. “Yeah,” I sighed. Then suddenly snapping back to reality I whipped my head at Keith.

“What are you crazy?! I can’t talk to her. She’s a girl and she’s �" she’s…  well…”

“Cute?” Keith offered grinning like the Joker. I nodded and instantly regretted it because Keith took a big breath, cupped his hands around his mouth, then shouted at the top of his lungs, “Hey new girl wanna come play kickball? Game’s tied and we need another player!”

I saw her nod shyly at us. She turned to her mother and asked, “Can I Mommy? Please can I?” her voice ringing like sweet church bell. Her mom said it was fine but to be back by lunch.

Then she was dashing towards us at full speed, clearly she was excited.

“Hi.” She said. “I’m Melissa. What your names?” I swear I was so deep red I looked like a lobster when she glanced at me. I opened my mouth to tell her but nothing came out. I stood speechless just gaping like a fish. Keith snickered. “I’m Keith and this is my best friend Sean.” I nodded and gave a quick “hi.”

She stared at me then. For what felt like hours she just stared at me. It was a little creepy. “Guess what?” She said finally.

“Wha-what?” I stammered. Man did I feel stupid right now! She tilted her head to the left slightly then thrust her arms around me in a big hug, which completely surprised me. “I like you too.” I hugged her back grateful that I didn’t have to tell her. Even more grateful that she actually liked me! That was the beginning of our friendship, age 7, at 15 it was the start of our relationship, and at 24 our marriage. All because Keith invited her to kickball. You know I still owe him for that too. HAHA! 

© 2013 Alisha Shadow Miller


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on July 17, 2013
Last Updated on July 17, 2013
Tags: happy, love, friends, neighbors, crush, first love

Author

Alisha Shadow Miller
Alisha Shadow Miller

Tampa, FL, Philippines



About
I have always had a passion about stories and poetry. So, I thought I would... I don't know give it a go I guess. I also enjoy nature, sports, art, ballet, classical music, musicals, opera, ballroom.. more..

Writing