The last hour of being a 14 hour old.

The last hour of being a 14 hour old.

A Story by Lonti Buzzfern
"

I wrote this an hour before my birthday, when I was about to turn 15. This is just a collage of my thoughts.

"

I’m going to be 15 in the next hour and ten minutes. However exhilarating the whole idea of turning fifteen might be, I’m still not as happy or excited as I should be. Being a 14 year old kid I’ve learned I’m nowhere even close to being called an adult in the next, let’s say, 2-3 years. It turns out I’m mature for my age but I’m still not ready to let go of my childhood. There are many examples that indicate my being pretty much dysfunctional in matters of fashion and obviously boys. One of the main reasons for me being such an odd little girl is the influence of my ever so present brothers. It turns out even they have to tell me sometimes that I’m a girl (supposedly). But of course this whole thing leads on to another topic, which is, am I now a future 15 year old ready to be a girly girl, which I have never been before or if I’m still going to stay the normal me, a bit of nerdish, idiotic, senseless and as my brother says a brainless head girl. This actually is a bit of a dilemma for me right now, when I’m on the verge of being fifteen that should I still pursue my careless attitude towards the yet unimportant things to me or should I change myself for none but myself, I say, or rather change myself for the people who are going to be unimportant to me after a while. And yes this dilemma will continue till next year when I’ll be on the verge of getting  16 and I’ll ask myself, did I or did I not change in the past one year. And the answer I’ll get then will be my existence in one of the, supposedly, most important years of my life. 

© 2012 Lonti Buzzfern


Author's Note

Lonti Buzzfern
Please do review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

As drab as this story is, its still very informative....I guess you can say if you wanted a moral to this story it is simply this...Don't ever change who you are...Just because you are getting older doesn't me you have to be like everybody else in society...Its always the original girls that get the best and coolest friends, guys, and respect....This may be a drab and boring short but it does bring up great questions about growing up in a tough, cookie-cutter, plastic fake people world...Hopefully you don't become one of them Lonti....

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lonti Buzzfern

11 Years Ago

That was a very constructive piece of criticism. It really put me in perspective and thank you so mu.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 13, 2012
Last Updated on July 13, 2012
Tags: Confused

Author

Lonti Buzzfern
Lonti Buzzfern

India



About
I'm a very crazy girl or so my friends say. I'm an a avid reader of fiction. I love some of the classics too. Writing for me is expressing my emotions in the truest form and I love it. I write from my.. more..

Writing