Lovers

Lovers

A Poem by Lookwithinsight

Lovers are notches on a clock. They grip the hands and ride. They fall at different times. When the clock strikes twelve, you’re not fully yourself. You grow harder every time. See, when you’re on her time, she’s on his. He’s on yours. You’re floating in a boat with no motor, no oars. Now you’re on his time. She’s on yours. Lovers are notches on a clock. They’re waxing and waning in every tick-tock. Your only hope is in waiting. You’re impatient. You can’t take your gaze off the watch.

© 2014 Lookwithinsight


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You breathe a magic into your metaphor. With time seeming to dance around us, there are moments we treasure, and moments that just move on. Loved the way you made this one feel as it threaded itself around us!

Posted 9 Years Ago


I'm stunned. You took such a simple idea and explored the depth of it in the most poetic way possible.
And I always want to read your pieces again and again.



Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

419 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 30, 2014
Last Updated on November 30, 2014

Author

Lookwithinsight
Lookwithinsight

Lexington



About
My name is Kimberlee, but people call me Kimmy a lot. I'm eighteen and I live in South Carolina. I never know what to put on these. I write poems. I'm making this so that I can meet other writers, s.. more..

Writing