Like a god....or why mankind kills

Like a god....or why mankind kills

A Story by Lord Lykaios

 

Many hold to the belief that some higher form of existence was responsible for the creation of life. For there are things so unconceivable that even with all of mankind knowledge or with his science will they ever truly never be able to comprehend the share magnitude it would take to create life out of nothing at all.

Some may claim that man has taken steps to godhood when they successfully had their first child born from a test tube or when science went further with the process that lead to cloning, but all these accomplishment were ever a step to godhood…they are not even a crawl to being a true creator.

For man can and no time in the foreseeable future will be able to make something out of nothing. Man may be able to combine, separate and even change molecules but will never make even a single atom.

The undeniable fact that man shall never be able to create life and achieve the grandeurs of godhood they so desire may be the reason that causes so many to foster the flawed interpretation that if one can never truly create life like a god. Then maybe they should supersede that which they can never be, by becoming that which is above the creator and become a destroyer.

After all if they can not create life to feel like a god then surely killing the creation of a god will give them the stepping stone to something beyond mere godhood

Or maybe killing prove that they are not just the same as god, but that they have become now become god’s successor.

© 2008 Lord Lykaios


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on October 4, 2008
Last Updated on October 4, 2008

Author

Lord Lykaios
Lord Lykaios

About
Jack of all trades but master of none, * High level of intelligence and perception * Cunning and ability to adapt * Sophistication and education * Self-criticism and introspection .. more..

Writing
The Sword The Sword

A Story by Lord Lykaios