Are You A Lazy Parent?

Are You A Lazy Parent?

A Story by Lordpickleboy
"

This is an old school assignment that i almost failed on but was worth uploading

"

Are You a Lazy Parent?

This is written more towards parents than to children, because the issue starts with the parents. Parents have the power to teach kids how the world is supposed to be, however due to lazy parenting the world is starting to fall apart.

In today’s time, we have technology everywhere, from phones to computers, and even the vehicles we drive.  No one thinks that technology is destroying the world, but it is. Parents are starting to give phones and computers to kids at a young age and never show them the importance of real life connection. Some parents do, but most do not. Kids today can be seen staring at their phones everywhere, even while they are driving. There is a time and a place for technology it is good if family or friends are long distance and want to keep in touch, but in no way does it take the place of your connecting to family and friends.

Parents need to set boundaries like: three nights a week we play a family game and all electronic devices are put away. Or once a week go out have some supper and just talk about your week. Most kids are losing family love and it is not the children’s fault that this is happening; parents are allowing it to happen.

Walk into a fast food or restaurant place, it is rare to see a family together not looking at a phone. A lot kids are getting depression at a young age because parents are not connected to them and kids are escaping through the internet and instant messaging, but a kid needs love. Parents need to show more love and support and never discourage honesty. Growing up, I rarely felt I could just be honest because I felt like it was discouraged and felt I usually got punished. This caused much depression and much destruction in my heart because so many things would eat at me but I did not have any trust in my family and only had a few friends.

Be that parent that encourages honesty, even if they admit to breaking the rules. Do not make them feel like being honest was a bad choice, just warn them and tell them they need to make sure it does not happen again, but will let it go because at least they were honest. Kids need loving, strong parents, and family love. Technology is allowing kids to not want or need to talk to family, and if this is what a kid is doing, then the parent needs to step in and stop it, and make them spend more time with family.

Some kids use music as a coping device, like myself. Music is a strong way to release stress. Studies have shown that slower music helps soothe the body and mind. Most kids suffer from depression, whether it is something from school, an internet post, a friendship loss, or just not finding enough love. If you notice your child is depressed, do not ignore it show them you care and you are interested. Show them you really love them because that is your job as a parent.

The entire issue with depression is not in the child most of the time is in the heart of the parent, does the parent really care. If your child feels they lack love, then you need to show more. If your child needs help, then help them. If they just need someone to hold them, then hold them. Encourage your children, push them to their limits, challenge them, tell them they can do it better. Even though it was very close to being perfect but it needs more work.

As kids grow up, they learn from what parents do, or in some cases what they do not do. Take kids out in the world, show them what it is like out there teach them manners and respect. Share that there is more to life than video games, encourage reading and make them feel good about reading.  Get your child into a hobby like skateboarding, or snowboarding, or coloring, drawing, fairs, or even just a job if they are old enough.

Never be that parent who will not take their kids out and have fun once a week, even if they do not have friends. They should have their family, but if they do not feel they have their family then you as a parent are failing, no offense. Parents are supposed to support their children and love them unconditionally and never let go of them no matter the times. No kid is so bad you should just tell them they have no hope; some kids are harder to teach and to help but that does not mean it is impossible. These children of yours look up to you for everything do not show them that a parent should never care for them.

What is overall being said here if you are a parent limit technology and ratio it to family time and make sure you always show your love to them because they need it more than you may know they look for that kind of love it shows them that you care and you want to know what they are feeling. Stop allowing them to be on their phone while you are trying to have family time because nothing is more important than family time, let your child know, hey, this is when we are having family time make sure friends know you will not be able to talk during this time. If you are not a parent do not forget to show support, to everyone you come in contact with because nothing is a better gift, than love and respect. I do know that some kids are born with an imbalance in the brain and that is a serious illness, but most of the time it is technology that is causing it or at the very least making it worse.

“Love those you hold dearly, for they will always hold you back. -Myself”

written by: Lordpickleboy.

This entire argument is sourced from a couple articles online and a few studies that those articles are on which is sourced below this.

"Releasing Stress Through the Power of Music." Releasing Stress Through the Power of Music. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Jan. 2017.

"The Athlete's Way." Psychology Today. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Jan. 2017.

"Too Much Time Online." Ikeepsafeorg RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Jan. 2017.

© 2018 Lordpickleboy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on April 28, 2018
Last Updated on April 28, 2018
Tags: lazy, bad parenting, self help, help, love, everyone

Author

Lordpickleboy
Lordpickleboy

About
I love to write short stories and things i like to think about more..

Writing