To the One Who Loves Him Next

To the One Who Loves Him Next

A Poem by Lorienvandyke

He's terrified of hurting those who he is close to. So when you're out with him and a fight begins, please understand he knows best and he is looking out for you. It's best to listen to him instead of fight with him. Hurting you will kill him inside.
He is actually incredibly smart, even though he may not want you to know this. Things come incredibly easy to him and if you think for a second you know better than he does, I apologize but you are wrong. You will take offense to this and get irritated that he does not have to try to learn things. Don't. He is naturally smart, be proud of him and encourage him to continue learning more and more.
He gets very jealous. Jesus, it's insane how jealous he gets. He will not tell you and he will not act out of the ordinary. It's amazing how well he hides his jealousy. Remember, he loves you and know that even though he may not share his feelings with you, the feelings are still very much there. Reassure that you are with him for a reason and that you love him.
While on that topic, reassure him you love him often. Not that he needs constant reassurance, but he does appreciate hearing it. Tell him you love him, and mean it. If you are not capable of doing that then leave, because he deserves the best.
I promise you there will be nights where he goes out with his friends and smokes too much. He is a different person around his friends, know that he does not mean to hurt or upset you. Sometimes he just needs some guy time. The next day he will call you when he wakes up and want you in his bed with his arms wrapped tight around you. He makes the best omelets you will ever eat and 99% of the time if you kiss him enough he will make one for you. 
He is the most independent stubborn man I know. But something he will never tell you is that he's incredibly insecure, which absolutely breaks my heart. He tends to start arguments with the words "Why do you stay with me?" or "You should just leave, you deserve better." Do not get upset. Remind him why you love him and why you stay with him. Again if you can't do this, leave. He deserves better than you. 
The dog comes first. Absolutely always. Don't try to fight it or argue with him about it. Just sit back and watch how incredibly amazing he is.
Make him food and remember what he likes and does not like. He will notice.
When he is having a bad day wrap him up in your arms and rub his back. He loves to be the little spoon even though he is bigger than you. Tell him everything is going to be okay and then just sit in silence. It's better than continuously talking to him.
If you can not treat him like an absolute king, let someone else. He deserves the world.
Losing him is something you will never get used to. Your entire world will come crashing down on you and those pieces he worked so hard to place correctly will never fit the same way. Do not let him go. You will regret it.
He will love you with everything he has 100% of the time. Please give him the same.
I am begging you not to hurt him. He is golden. Do not let that passion he has die out. Give him your all and he will return the favor. He is the best thing you will ever have. Your best hello and your hardest goodbye. Love him for as long as you possibly can, and know he will always love you no matter what. 
- Sincerely, a name you will hear in passing.

© 2016 Lorienvandyke


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on October 18, 2016
Last Updated on October 22, 2016

Author

Lorienvandyke
Lorienvandyke

WI



About
We're just sad kids, who try to hurt ourselves on the outside to kill the sadness on the inside. more..

Writing
He may He may

A Poem by Lorienvandyke