Did you Know?

Did you Know?

A Poem by Lorienvandyke

did you know that sometimes spinal cords snap and friendships end / somehow pinky promises end up broken and sometimes the seemingly happiest end up dead / i find it funny how much blood can flow out of someones wrist when we learn that our bodies are mostly made up of water / how ironic it is that how so many words that are spoken mean absolutely nothing / isnt it sad how hollow someones eyes can look when smilies are plastered on their face / how even the sturdiest structures can break because somehow wind can be so damaging / how a single word can have a meaning so malicious / did you know that sometimes humans breathe but yet on the inside are completely dead / did you know that you can be haunted by someone who is still alive and how there are so many ways to say goodbye.

© 2016 Lorienvandyke


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

ah.. very captivating here. liked the questioning of thoughts here.
everyone should take a moment of their life to have some banter with own true "self" just to measure the hollowness of this world. very deep imagery here.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
1 Review
Added on October 21, 2016
Last Updated on October 22, 2016

Author

Lorienvandyke
Lorienvandyke

WI



About
We're just sad kids, who try to hurt ourselves on the outside to kill the sadness on the inside. more..

Writing
He may He may

A Poem by Lorienvandyke