recess

recess

A Poem by LostSage
"

fun time

"
coming out on the playground?
sometimes it gets rough
you need to be tough
you could get pushed on the ground
skinned knees abound
the other kids
might yell bad things at you
the teacher is not watching
you're on your own
this same stuff happens
when you're fully grown

© 2021 LostSage


Author's Note

LostSage
type at me

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this concept but I love the little twist at the end! It’s so true and honest and at first the poem has a light childlike innocence to it, until it slaps you in the face and you realize, ‘oh, yeah, the same crap happens no matter how old you are’ I felt like that was such a great touch to a concept that should be dead by now- bullying. But this brings awareness to it in a great way! It’s not just a school thing, it happens EVERYwhere. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 2 Years Ago


LostSage

2 Years Ago

thank you.....you know your opinion means much✨💐
yes, it does happen as we get older too...and we think, "how childish to act that way!"

I remember getting this treatment for awhile when I moved from NY during third grade....
and was put into a class, with my accent and nobody knew me yet....recesses could get tough.
We would play "kill the man with the ball" and somehow, I always ended up with the ball.
nostalgic poem for me.

j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


The playground is probably not the safest place to come out.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Playgrounds are supposed to be fun. Not all playgrounds are, because some kids get nasty and pick on the others. This also applies to other playgrounds, like social media where adults (who should know better) can hide behind avatars and attack others. In all, it can be most unpleasant. You have written here Jeff on a most topical subject matter. Sadly there is a lack of compassion these days and a propensity towards unkindness. Thankfully, most people aren't like that. Most people I find, are pleasant.

Chris

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 15, 2021
Last Updated on September 15, 2021
Tags: recess

Author

LostSage
LostSage

Cleveland, OH



About
Mature Gentleman. The words come raining down through me more..

Writing
different different

A Poem by LostSage


chop wood chop wood

A Poem by LostSage