Crying

Crying

A Story by Emilie Louise
"

Melissa's boyfriend breaks up with her so when Kade show's up and tells her his going to make her cry she has no idea what to expect...

"

Love, a four letter word but it holds so much meaning, if you think back to that song.

L is for the way you look at me,

O is for the only one I see,

V is very, very extraordinary,

E is even more than anyone that you adore

Loves not like that. I have been cheated on by my boyfriend of three years. Clearly he was not looking at me, I wasn’t the only one he saw and I am plain ordinary.  His new girlfriend is younger than me, thinner than me, to be perfectly honest she is the total opposite of me.

The day we broke up….

Kade, a guy from my creative writing course in university showed up where we were meeting, James, ex-boyfriend, was late and I was starting to worry.

“His not coming,” Kade said looking at me.

“What?” I asked generally confused.

“I just saw him outside with another girl, his not coming,” Kade said. I was shocked but saved from replying because James walked through the café doors and Kade walked away.

“Hey,” I said and smiled at him.

“Liss…um… there’s something that I have to tell you,” that should have been a clue right there but I guess I was too in love to see it…

Anyway long story short, that’s how things ended between us, he had been working with Stephanie for the last two months on an assignment and they had grown close. He wanted to end things with me so he wouldn’t feel guilty about pursuing her.  He left and I have been sitting alone in my apartment crying for the last three days. 

I didn’t really understand why I was crying, I used to tell myself I wouldn’t cry over guys who cheated on me but I had never factored in that I would have been in love with them for three years. There was a knock on the door and I ignored it.  Turning over in bed and raising the covers over my head.

“Hey,” called an unfamiliar male voice, “the door was open so I just came in, Melissa are you here?”  I didn’t move a muscle; they would go away in a minute.

I heard the bedroom door open, “Melissa, oh” he said probably after catching sight of me, the big blob in the bed.

“What do you want?” I said but it sounded muffled because I spoke through the doona.

“Have you been lying here for the last three days?” said a disbelieving voice.

I nodded and could only imagine how the big blob looked going up and down.  I suddenly felt the doona being pulled away from me and I raised my arms to cover my face. 

“You haven’t been in class, you’ve missed the new assignment,” the voice said while he continued to pull the doona away from me.  I finally placed the voice, Kade, “Melissa, get up, you’ll feel better I promise.”

“I doubt it,” I said sitting up in the bed and realising I was in my pyjamas, not to mention my hair was probably a mess. I had a moment where panic tried to set in but it couldn’t, I felt too numb from the break up still.

“Okay get ready to go out,” Kade said and started walking back out my bedroom.

“Why?” I asked suspiciously.

“I am taking you out, even though you have broken up, you’re life isn’t over, your 20 years old for heaven’s sake.”

“I know how old I am,” I muttered getting out of bed. I quickly ran the brush through my hair. I didn’t have to dress up for anyone today.   I opened my front door and there he was sitting on a motorbike.

“Come on,” he said and revved the engine, I felt a thrill of excitement go through me, I have always wanted to ride one of these but James thought they were too dangerous. I felt tears spring to my eyes again and I suddenly didn’t want to go out anymore.

“You want to cry,” Kade said, “So we will cry.” I didn’t understand what that meant but I got on the bike and off we went. I soon learnt that he meant what he said; we spent the whole day crying together. First we went and eat the spiciest food ever, I couldn’t stop the tears. Then we went to the movies and saw The Three Stooges the funniest movie at the moment. When we left I had tears of laughter filling my eyes.  Finally we got back on his bike but he drove so fast there were tears coming to my eyes again. Finally we arrived back at my apartment.

“I have to say thanks,” I said, “this was one of the best days of my life.”

“Good to know,” he said smiling at me, “will I see you tomorrow at school?”

I nodded, “I can’t stay home for the rest of my life. Plus I think all my tears have dried up now.”

We parted ways and the next day at school I met up with him and spent the day with him. In fact for the next three months I spent nearly the entire day with him. I tried to move on from James but I fantasised all the time about him coming and taking me back and we’d be together again, a bit like the High School Musical movies but it never happened.

I was surprised when it was four months after we had broken up and I bumped into him again, I didn’t know how to feel.

“Liss…um… how are you?” he asked looking concerned.

“I’m alright,” I said but instead of sounding confident I sounded shy and sort of sad not something I wanted to hear in my voice when I finally talked to him again.

“Liss, listen” he said in a strong voice, I waited, “I made a mistake, Stephanie and me are completely different. She doesn’t get me like you do. I miss you and I want you back, please give me another chance I am so sorry. I still love you.  I know you love me too. Please let’s be together again.”

I listened to what he said and my heart stopped, I still loved him and I wanted to say yes but when I thought about going out with him, I couldn’t shake Kade’s face from my head.  In fact now that I thought about it, I had been thinking about Kade a lot recently.

“Oh my god,” I whispered, “Sorry James I have to go,” I said and started running towards Kade as though my life depended on it and I suppose my love life did depend on it. I ran to him and with no breath left to confess my feelings. I managed to somehow pant out, “I love you.” I paused waiting for his response but I couldn’t look into his eyes. Suddenly his hand was under my chin pulling my face up to his and he kissed me.

“I love you too.”

Three simple words out of the blue and I know you felt them too, who would have thought three simple words.

© 2012 Emilie Louise


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good thinking..I think,this mixed with emotion..so good.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emilie Louise

11 Years Ago

thanks :D
Shamsuddin Mazed

11 Years Ago

Am i right?
Emilie Louise

11 Years Ago

yeah you got it
this was written well, but you might want to correct "his" to "he's" in the statement "his not coming" and such. But other than that, good.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emilie Louise

11 Years Ago

thanks will do.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 14, 2012
Last Updated on October 14, 2012
Tags: love, break up

Author

Emilie Louise
Emilie Louise

Perth, WA, Australia



About
i am 17 years old, i have just graduated high school. I have been writing since I was 10 and really enjoy it. I am a very passionate person when it comes to writing, reading or music. It is my dre.. more..

Writing
Adore Adore

A Poem by Emilie Louise