In Front of the Fireplace Tonight.

In Front of the Fireplace Tonight.

A Poem by Lourisa

In dancing flames with outstretched arms you're standing, waiting there, 
one last kiss and one last hug but how do I get there? 
Make a wish or say a prayer 
but I'm still here and you're still there.
Our worlds will never meet, 
a fate too hard to bare.

© 2011 Lourisa


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You rhyme, you're short, you're simple, and you make sense. I'm giving two thumbs up to one you can't seem to be with no matter how bad you want to. Anyways well done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Awwm Loury .. you've got a very cool heart. I enjoyed this lovely poem. You should write some more lines on it.. it'd be cool if you do write :) The life can't be completed without love and love and love .. and the love can't be completed without someone who truly knows the worth of love, worth of pain, who understands very well the feeelings of Woman's heart with whom he's in love .. and so on ...

Your stuffs're cool, Loury..keep penning. Your a coolest writer. I'd suggest you to write some big stuffs too on such kinda pieces because your stuffs're really very measurable, realistic and meaningful :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lourisa

10 Years Ago

You are right. Life is all about love and connection. But it's also about loss and learning to cop.. read more
A love unconquerable, very sad. But it makes for an interesting poem. Good stuff!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very sweet. The brevity of the piece makes for a bigger emotional punch, and I think you succeeded greatly.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wistful and full of feeling... I like "dancing flames". :) Well done :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

330 Views
6 Reviews
Added on May 19, 2011
Last Updated on May 19, 2011

Author

Lourisa
Lourisa

Paraparaumu Beach, Wellington, New Zealand



About
"If you are a dreamer come in If you are a dreamer a wisher a liar A hoper a prayer a magic-bean-buyer If youre a pretender come sit by my fire For we have some flax golden tales to spin Com.. more..

Writing
Lost at sea Lost at sea

A Poem by Lourisa


The abyss The abyss

A Poem by Lourisa