As She Lays Dying.

As She Lays Dying.

A Story by JaceJordd
"

something i thought of.

"

         As She Lays Dying

 

   Once upon a time an old man with a passion for welcoming people into his heart was sitting alone to watch his lantern burn. The canle in the lantern flickered like a mad vulture flapping his wings. After getting out of the tub, the old man was chilled with a cold wind. All dried off the old amn picked and placed his chair next to the side of his bed. Gentley putting his hand on her cheek, he felt the loss of blood flow in her body. Hearing her breathing slow, he took one last look at her face seeing the love in her eyes and gave her one last kiss. A gust of wind came through the window slamming the door, while a creaking ran through the floorboards. The next day the neighbors came to show respects, watching as the police carried her stone like corpse out the door. Every year the old man sits by his bed and remembers the words written on her tomb stone. He repeats over and over, "Here she lies, my beautiful dreamer. In her stone cold palace. Peacefully resting forever more."

© 2010 JaceJordd


Author's Note

JaceJordd
My homework for english class. Pre- reading writing for The Tell Tale Heart.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

unique beauty......

Posted 13 Years Ago


ooo nice! very Poe ish i like it :) we read The Tell-tale Heart 2day and its pretty creepy... I wish we had gotten to do something like this before though it would have been fun :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


hes a creepy guy but i dont even know where this came from i was just alittle depressed and then this started flowing out. & Muchos Gracias.

Posted 13 Years Ago


POE!! Love that guy. It's very creeeeepy and sort of gives you the shiveries. Love the flapping wings simile. A few little typos and whatnot, but me gusta mucho :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 6, 2010
Last Updated on October 6, 2010

Author

JaceJordd
JaceJordd

North Attleboro, MA



About
If you could read what goes through my mind, you wouldn't treat me the same* Jace; 18; Bruins; Cheer; Family more..

Writing
Dear Mom Dear Mom

A Story by JaceJordd


I'm Scared I'm Scared

A Story by JaceJordd