Why is always Life

Why is always Life

A Chapter by Abby
"

In the first chapter, Casey's life gets told,along with bits and peices of her past.

"
Everything is different. The sun is sweeping the dimming sky with vibrant colors. I watch it slowly move down under the ocean. The warmth is enough for me to feel as if I am wrapped in a large blanket. I can see large whales playing together in the ocean. My mother and father are together laying on a large checkered blanket. I am so happy to finally see them again. I can feel the sand squishing between my bare toes. The slight breeze is enough to flow my long, curly brown hair into my eyes. I love this so much and I never want to leave.
Everything is so perfect and feels so real. I can hear the waves crashing against the shore, the warm sun against my face, the sand beneath my feet, and the abnoxious beeping... Beeping? What?
I awake to a large beeping alarm going off from across the street. I slept on the bus bench, across from the jewelery store tonight. I didn't think it would be robbed today since it was robbed just last week. I just know they are going to be relocating soon. I quickly ran into the alley close to where I was sleeping. I hid behind a few bins, so I wouldn't be seen by them. I held tightly onto my small towel I was using as a blanket. I start to drift back to sleep, hoping they won't see me.
I don't know where I am for a moment when I wake up the next morning. I begin to reflect onto last night. I gasp while backing up behind the bins as quickly as possible. The police may be here looking for the criminals. If they find me, I will definetlely be a suspect.
I slowly peek my head out and look directly at the jewelery store. Nobody. I can feel something burning into my face. I stand up slowly, just staring at what it was. The lights, shining down from the sky. The lights don't shine very often at all, especially in these streets of California. They only shine in stories from people I pass occasionally on the street. It is told that when the lights in the sky shine directly down on someone, they are blessed. I don't know what blessed means or why they got it, but it sounded like a good thing. 

"I'm finally being blessed. It's finally me that it's happening to."
 
I walk down the street to an old cardboard hut I have built just outside of a small alley. I pick up a peice of cardboard I have scribbled the words 'Please help, nowhere to go' on. I come to this hut as much as possible, because it is just outside of the richer streets. I try my best to raise money here, because since I'm only 14, I can't get a job anywhere.
I watch as people pass by me with big purses and different phones in their hands, without even giving me a glance. It is hard to go through this, but the occasional woman with curly white hair will be kind enough to give me a dollar or two, just so I can eat once a week.
It was only seven years ago that it happened, but my parents passed without a will or any say in what happened to their things. The bank didn't trust a seven year old girl to have everything, so they took it and they gave it away. I hate banks now. 


© 2017 Abby


Author's Note

Abby
I hope you liked the first chapter. If you think I should keep writing more, please tell me. Also, if you think something needs to be changed, please let me know. Over all, THANKS FOR READING!!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on March 1, 2017
Last Updated on March 1, 2017
Tags: #lord, #Christianity


Author

Abby
Abby

yakima, WA



About
I was adopted by my grandparents when I was in the second grade and have been trying to fulfill my dream to be a hit singer. I also secretly love writing and now wantto share my passions with everyone.. more..

Writing