Dead inside

Dead inside

A Poem by Cheyenne Delay

Gently taking her by the hand he whispers "you're running child and neither of us know why." She softly Weeps as her heart pains she doesn't know what to feel anymore. she feels as if her whole life has been a lie she just wants to be okay with life one last time maybe then she'll find what she is looking for. She feels dead inside. She's like a candle in the dark that's lost it's light,and the smoke is all her fading memories of what use to be. She just wants to be happy again, what happened to a simpler life? And their words they ring like church bells in her ears that seem to echo on til forever. Her heart shattered into a million pieces don't bother picking them up because you'll cut yourself. It's not like you'd find them all anyways because the tiny shards were swept up and thrown away 13 years 4 months and 8 days ago. She lost herself that day you wouldn't recognize her anymore. The monsters have taken over and she fought and fought again til she had no more fight left in her, and she cried that day and the emptiness still seems to reside in her chest. It was then that she had realized the person she once was had died and that's why she cries she just wants a meaning to life.

© 2020 Cheyenne Delay


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a powerful strong write! I have a feeling a lot of people can relate to this poem!

Posted 2 Years Ago


Sounds like a very deep and intense story. Great!

Posted 3 Years Ago


Some things happen to us and they change us forever. Unfortunately, I know about this pain... poignant read.. good writing.

Posted 3 Years Ago


I think we have all been in a situation that makes us question why we're here and what to do in life when it goes sour. That, I can relate to.

The poem itself--in the way it is written--needs a lot of work. It suffers because of bad grammar. When that happens, it makes it hard to read.

Keep writing. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Nice read.........

Wants a meaning to life.......

Well most of human doesn't have meaning to their life and if they have, it is of no use for humanity............

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 12, 2017
Last Updated on July 17, 2020

Author

Cheyenne Delay
Cheyenne Delay

Morenci, AZ



About
😊 sometimes I let my pen do all the talking more..

Writing
Endless Endless

A Story by Cheyenne Delay