Another Life

Another Life

A Poem by cbell
"

Wouldn't it be nice...

"

Wouldn't it be nice to come home to a smiling face?

To know that you are loved and safe within your partner’s love?

To know that there will be someone to love you win ma and pa are gone?


Wouldn't it be nice to have and hold them through the night?

To miss them when they are gone?

Instead of being used to the void of their existence squeezing your pillow tighter?  


Wouldn't it be something to see the miracle of a little you in your son or daughter?

To stand on your grandparents shoulders and feel their love flowing through you?

To see the success of your grandchildren, the spark of brilliance you forgot existed within self?


Wouldn't it be nice to see your little light shine like the blood and breath of your progeny?

To see your lover’s face in your daughter or son?

To know that you have truly contributed a verse to the screenplay of life if not a writer, an audience, a market for pure unconditional truth and love?  


Never mind the diapers that must be changed, the gray hairs of worry they will cause.

Never mind the ungrateful teenager we all suffer through.

Lets focus on the positive, the Love, the truth, the forgiveness of a parent in love.    

© 2014 cbell


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on May 4, 2014
Last Updated on May 4, 2014
Tags: progeny

Author

cbell
cbell

San Antonio, TX



About
Discovering Ma'at more..

Writing