The meeting

The meeting

A Chapter by Luc O'Reilly
"

A very important meeting is taking place

"

The Duper Ones sat in a coffee shop, planning out their next course of action. They held their meetings there, on account that they didn’t have a secret lair, on account that they couldn't afford one. The locals didn’t really mind, they were a good lot, they weren’t too noisy. Except Vincent, he was always loud. It was part of his powers. His mouth had grown huge with blocky indestructible teeth, which he took great pride in keeping immaculately clean. The twins were there too; Nasal Nelly struggling with her cloak caught under her chair, and Nervous Nelson shaking and looking a little more bug-eyed than usual. Probably from too much caffeine.

       With a wild flourish, that startled a few, Power Paul unfolded a blueprint on the table. It was a very sketchy map of the neighborhood.

       “Right!” He said getting everyone’s attention.

       “This is where we are,” he jabbed a gloved finger at an X, with coffee shop written underneath.

       “Vincent, this is the corner of Main and Alta Vista,” he pointed at another X several blocks away.

       “When we’re ready, I’m going to need you to…”

       “ALRIGHT GUYS LET’S DO THIS!” Vincent yelled dashing outside without further instructions. They watched him run down the street, his little cape fluttering behind him, until he was out of sight.

       “It’s about time!” Nasal Nelly said, and along with all the others, breathed a sigh of relief.

       “I can’t stand that guy.” She slurped her drink noisily with a straw up her massive nose.

       “G…ggg…ggood thhh thinking  P…Paul,” Nervous Nelson said holding up his coffee mug, spilling everywhere.

And so for the rest of the afternoon, the Duper ones and the locals were able to enjoy a nice peaceful time, only slightly disturbed by Nelson's constant fidgeting. 



© 2014 Luc O'Reilly


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on April 23, 2014
Last Updated on April 23, 2014
Tags: Superheroes, Satire


Author

Luc O'Reilly
Luc O'Reilly

Gatineau , Quebec, Canada



About
I'm a French Canadian, living in Gatineau Quebec Trying my hand at comedic writing. Huge fan of Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams and Robert Rankin Keep in mind I'm French so writing needs a big he.. more..

Writing
Intro Intro

A Chapter by Luc O'Reilly


Intro Intro

A Chapter by Luc O'Reilly