Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Sterotypes

Sterotypes

A Story by Panda
"

This is just me rambling about hollywood and there view of perfect changing the world today and corrupting it ;).

"

 

 

Has anyone noticed this horrible change, or is it just me? Here lately judging others has came to an all time low. Now-a-days if you do not have the "Perfect model walk out of a magazine body" you are considered ugly. If you have pudge, meat on your bones, lucious curves, if your chubby or "fat" then you are considered ugly. If you are so skinny your rib bones are showing, then you are anerix or belimic. If your hair does not look perfect straight or curly or wavy or scrunched, then your hair is "nappy". If you have a personality that is not like everyone else, then you are considered weird, crazy, eccentric, bitchy, or just plain stupid. If you are blonde you are automaticly dense in the head, stupid, and a Jessica Simpson wanna-be. If you have red hair you automaticly have a bad temper, you are fiesty, have a attitude and are great underneath the covers. If you are a brunette you are wild, spontaneous, intelligent, mousy, meek, and can be boring.

 

 Is it just me or is Hollywood trying to shape our lives, trying to shape the way we think of each other. I want to say..

 

SO WHAT!? I have lucious cruves, and I am not a little skinny plank. I am a feather matress not a dang box sprang! It  does not affect my personality or my looks, why do you care!?

 

SO WHAT!? My hair is naturally a dark brown with red glints in it, it does not mean anything! It does not shape MY personality.

 

SO WHAT!? I am not like you, or those on Hollywood, this does not make me weird, I am unique like you should be. At least I do not try to be someone I am not. "I would rather be HATED for who I AM then loved for who I AM NOT!"

 

Hollywood, whether you see it or not, has corrupted the thought process of many. Now young kids in school are going through so much depression just because they are not like everyone else. They do not have a "hot smoking body" or "perfect beautiful hair" so they are considered to be different, weird, ugly, and hated by many. I recently heard of a 10 year old girl crying and bawling her eyes out and going into depression because she is a big girl and she gets made fun of for having "meat on her bones". How is this right? We need to take a step back and realize what WE are doing. We are all human beings and we all have feelings.

 

I can not push ALL the blame on Hollywood, I have to look at the parents too. How sorry are they? That they would let their kids do something so cruel. Kids would not act like such if the parents actually step up and do what they are suppose to do..BE PARENTS.

 

All in all, Hollywood and poor parenting has turned this world into a dirty cruel place. We need to wake up and realize we are not ALL living in paradise. We need to show and teach kids to respect one another.

 

Not just kids, but Adults too are doing this. GROW UP. Is all I have to say. If you are 16+ you need to GROW UP and act your age and not your shoe size, okay? No one has the RIGHT to disrespect another to the point they go into a deep depressional state and think that if they killed themselves the world would be a better place. Make them think that everytime they get made fun of or in trouble it is because they are "fat" or "ugly".

 

Please think about what you have done to others. Maybe.. It is time to appologize?

© 2008 Panda


Author's Note

Panda
Okay maybe I am ranting a little bit, but GAWDS it pisses me off when people do this. Sorry if it is unclear or sporadic, kind of pissed off when I wrote it lol. WHO AGREES WITH ME ON THIS?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I agree with the part about parents being parents and adults being adults. This is a just a part of society that will probably never change. It's just one of those things that most people eventually figure out that it is how you view yourself that matters and smart people see that. When a person has a good image of themselves it shines brighter than the BS in the heads of those who would otherwise object to reality. Nice job on this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I agree with the part about parents being parents and adults being adults. This is a just a part of society that will probably never change. It's just one of those things that most people eventually figure out that it is how you view yourself that matters and smart people see that. When a person has a good image of themselves it shines brighter than the BS in the heads of those who would otherwise object to reality. Nice job on this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you had some really good strong points in this piece ... alot to think about.... overall nice job on this!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 30, 2008

Author

Panda
Panda

Middle of No where, AL



About
Writing is an escape from the tedious realities of life. I rarely have time to write as much as I would like to anymore, though I still have time to read. Perhaps I have became lazy as of late when it.. more..

Writing
Empty Bottle Empty Bottle

A Poem by Panda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..