Tear down the Fences

Tear down the Fences

A Poem by Lynette
"

This is my reflection on what is happening in our society today when it comes to lack of communication

"

Tear down the fences


We’ve fenced in our dreams

And shut out their screams.


Why won’t we communicate?

 

We’ve fenced in our feelings

From those who need healing.

 

Why don’t we communicate?

 

We’ve fenced in our emotions

And shut out family devotion.

 

Why can’t we communicate?

 

We’ve fenced in our opinions

And shut out their objections.

 

Why won’t we communicate?

 

We’re fenced in for our security

Shutting out the community.

 

Why don’t we communicate?

 

Now is the time to begin

To tear down the fences within;

 

Then maybe we can communicate.

 

© 2015 Lynette


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I concur, we are so isolated within modern society. Many older societies pass down traditions of getting together for frequent celebrations of things we all have in common such as the changing of seasons, national and regional anniversaries, etc. We need occasions that unite our individual interests and strengths to accomplish common goals that benefit all in a greater good. Modern society seeks to centralize power and decision making, when in fact, our local communities should take care of our own decisions on how best to manage our balance of needs and assets. This is unifying for communities instead of isolating. Local governments should be the most important institutions to the people. Regional government should protect and amplify the efforts of local groups and national government should protect our regional decisions and amplify their efforts, while protecting us from foreign interference. and world government should protect the individual goals of nations, while managing international trade agreements in a balanced and unbiased manner to best circulate goods and services for the good of all. However, none of this can come to be until we, as the people of the world, make greed and selfishness illegal, and dishonest power grabbing government officials, guilty of treason to the people they serve. Then and only then can the will of the people trickle up, to become the will of the leaders. We need to participate in the decisions and tell them how to accomplish our goals, instead of the other way around. Don't you see, that is why we don't communicate? We are taught to go along with the decisions of the leaders and then they drive every wedge between us in order to prevent us from communicating on every level. They know that if we talk to each other we will figure out how corrupt they are and start making changes in the balance of power as it now exists. Once their charade is exposed their domination of everything we need to survive will slip through their fingers and back into our hands. Do you think they will just give in and apologize? I think not.

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
1 Review
Added on February 23, 2015
Last Updated on February 23, 2015

Author

Lynette
Lynette

Wilberforce, Hawkesbury, Australia



About
I am retired and love writing poetry. I started writing after I had shoulder surgery and could not continue teaching art. I practiced writing left hand and continue to write my poetry first drafts lef.. more..

Writing
Goodbyes Goodbyes

A Poem by Lynette


Smoko Smoko

A Poem by Lynette





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5