92 Elements

92 Elements

A Stage Play by Luke Ritta
"

the first act of my play about two strangers who meet in a modern london bar and talk and flirt all night. They talk about such subjects as the world of classic wirters and classic novels.

"

 

 

 

Act 1

 

[Scene:  A modern bar in North London, red lighting through out the bar gives a nice relaxed feeling, also soft jazz music is heard playing in the background. A round wooded table with two wooden chairs opposite each other is at the back of the bar. On the wall above the table is a huge black and white framed photograph of the French writer Albert Camus. In the photograph a cigarette dangles out of his mouth while his collar of his jacket is pulled up high. The Photograph is by Henri- cartier bresson.

Sitting on one of the wooden chairs is a man in his late twenties, he has a straight nose, black eyes and also has a brown beard and combed back brown hair, he is wearing a grey suit jacket undone, under his jacket he is wearing a black t-shirt with the image of the writer George Orwell printed on it. The Man looks relaxed and confident as he looks down at his mobile phone, on the round table is a solitary bottle of beer witch is nearly empty. The man’s name is Ernest.]

 

 

A woman: Is anyone sitting here? [She points right hand to the chair opposite Ernest.]

 

Ernest: No, it’s free, it’s all yours.

 

[Enter a woman]

 

A woman: Thanks.

 

[The woman’s name is Sophia, she is in her late twenties, has short brown hair, a small cute nose and high check bones. She is wearing a black and white striped top, a red skirt and a pair of black high hells. She is also very petite. She sits down in the empty chair, as she dose she puts a small green handbag and a glass of red wine on the table.]

 

Sophia: Is that Eric Arthur Blair on your T-shirt?

 

Ernest: Yes it is [Ernest looks at Sophia with a surprised expression on his face.] you must know your writers as most people would of said George Orwell.

 

Sophia: I studied English literature at university a few years ago, so I know a few things about classic lit. Also I love reading them toady, nothing to do with university just what books interest me in everyday life. And I especially love Mr Orwell.

 

Ernest: Of course I love him too! [Ernest, with a smile on his face points down towards his t-shirt]. I have read his entire back catalogue, my favourite work of his is ether Coming up for air or Keep the aspidistra flying. I mean it is very hard to choose just one as nearly all of his books have had such a big influence on my life.

 

Sophia: Most people say 1984 as it is his most famous but you go with what book affected you the most. I like that. [Sophia takes a long drink out of her wine glass.] My favourite book of his is probably Down and out in Pairs and London, like you said it was the one the affected me the most.

 

Ernest: Speaking of famous writers of the 20th century.

[Ernest looks up at the photograph of Albert Camus] have you read any of Camus books?

 

Sophia: Not much.

[She then looks up at the framed photograph as well.] I loved The Outsider, very short book but so powerful and I read a few of his short stories as well which I really liked.

 

Ernest: I loved the Outsider too. As we are speaking of French writers I have to say my favourite is Jean-Paul Sartre, and speaking of short stories his collection of five short sorties are some of the best I have ever read. Also I think he has wrote the best trilogy in literature with his road to freedom books…….I love writers so much sometimes I go on a bit. But it’s great to talk to some one with similar interest as you have. Salute!

 [Ernest clinks his bottle of beer with Sophia glass of wine.]

 

Sophia: Ditto.

[She takes another sip of wine]

 

Ernest: Anyway, are you here by yourself tonight?

 

Sophia: I wasn’t, but I am now. I was with my friend Anna, but she had to leave early as she wasn’t feeling good, and I wasn’t ready to leave just yet as I wanted to finish my drink.

 [She holds up her glass and smiles.] Then I saw you sitting here by yourself and that’s when I saw the image of your t-shirt and thought you would be an interesting guy to talk to.

 

Ernest: I hope I am not letting you down.

 [Ernest smiling and his new aquatint.]

 

Sophia: No your not! How about yourself, are you waiting for some one?

 

Ernest: I am, I mean I was because I just got a text from my brother telling me he can’t make it tonight. So here I am all by my self. [Ernest looks at his phone one more time then puts it inside his jacket pocket.]

 

Sophia: Was your meeting with your brother important. If you don’t mind me asking?

 

Ernest: It’s fine. We were just catching up, it wasn’t important.

[Ernest finishes his bottle of beer.] I am all-empty, I am going up to the bar to get another drink, would you like another glass of wine?

 

Sophia: Why not.

 

 [Ernest gets up and grabs the nearly empty glass of wine and his bottle and then turns to walk to the bar. But after a few steps he turns back to Sophia and ask her a question:]

 

Ernest: If you don’t mind me asking, could I ask what your name is? Mine is Ernest, by the way.

 

Sophia: Nice to meet you Ernest, mine is Sophia. Now hurry up with that drink. [Sophia grins slightly.]

 

Ernest: I will be back before you know it.

 

[Exit Ernest.]

[At the round wooden table, Sophia nods her head to the music, which has now changed from soft jazz to a classic blues tune by Howling wolf. She takes out a small pocket mirror from her handbag and look at her reflection. She strokes her hair and then very quickly put the mirror back in the bag.]

[Enter Ernest].

[He arrives with the drinks. He places the drinks on the table and then sits down.]

 

Sophia: Thank you. [She takes a gulp of wine.] Your name is quite uncommon theses days; I don’t think I have ever met anyone called Ernest.

 

Ernest: I am happy to be the first. [He takes a drink of beer.] My parents gave me it so I could not do much about it, anyway I like it and I am quite happy it’s uncommon. Sixty years ago it would be very common, especially in America.

 

Sophia: I guess you are right. You must also be happy that your name is the same as a great American writer.

 

Ernest: Of course I love Hemingway, but also there is another American wirier from the same period of time with Ernest in his name that I love also. Do you know whom?

 

Sophia: Nothing comes to mind, all I can thing of is Hemingway and Che ‘Ernesto’ Guevara and he’s not American. So I give up, tell me!

 

Ernest: John Ernest Steinbeck.

 

Sophia: Well I never new that, thinks for the new information. I love gathering new facts and info on a daily basic. We learn something everyday.

 

Ernest: I know what you mean. How abut you name. Named after anyone famous? Maybe a famous actress from Italy?

 

Sophia: No, I don’t think so.

[Sophia smiling again.] I think I am named after my Spanish grandmother but I am not sure.

 

Ernest:  That’s nice.

 [There’s a moment of silence.] What are you reading at them moment?

 

Sophia: I just finished…….

 

Ernest: Sorry to but in but we can change the subject if you want to, I am starting to talk about the world of writers and theirs books too much.

 

Sophia: It’s no problem; I already told you I love literature. As I was saying, I just finished Tolstoy’s Childhoods, Boyhood, and Youth, It was very interesting to see Tolstoy write from a first person prescriptive. And his deception of nature were wonderful, you could easily see the beginning of a great writer that was going to bring the world his Epics latter on. You must of read War and Peace, you look like the kind of guy who has. Maybe I am wrong, well have you?

 

Ernest: Yes.

 

Sophia: I knew it!

 [Sophia had nearly finished her glass of wine and her voice was getting louder.]

 

Ernest: What countries wine do you prefer? I bet you like Spanish wine?

 [Ernest winks at Sophia.}

 

Sophia: I do like Spanish wine, but I also love all old world wine. Give me a good decent bottle of red wine from the old world and a great book and I would be happy forever.

[She finishes her wine in on big gulp.]

 

Ernest: You are the female equivalent of me.

[Ernest takes a sip of beer.] I would normally ask strangers what they do for a living but you are so interesting I would rather not get into that basic, boring question.

 

Sophia: I know what you mean, everyone in the world, form any country, city, or village after meeting a stranger for a while will always ask the same mind numbing question. What do you do? Like that’s all we are in life, is what job we do.

 [Sophia starts to shout very loud so the whole bar can hear her.] COME ON PEPOLE, THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THEN WHAT YOU DO TO EARN MONEY!

 

Ernest: I know what you mean; anyway I have an impotent question for you.

 

Sophia: What is it?

 

Ernest: What do you do for a living?

 

[Sophia burst out into uncontrollable laughter. She grabs Ernest hand that is lying on the table.]

 

Sophia: That’s a good one. I have to go to the little girls room. Need to freshen up, I think I am getting a bit drunk, see you in a few moments Mr Orwell.

 [Sophia stands up and then nearly falls over, Ernest holds her up straight, and she winks at him and walks off to the bathroom.]

 [Exit Sophia.]

 

[Ernest takes a sip of beer; he has a huge grin on his face. He looks at his watch and taps his index finger on the table to the music that is playing in the bar. He then looks up at the Photograph of Albert Camus.]

 

[Enter Sophia.]

 

Ernest: Feeling all right?

 

[Ernest asks Sophia as just falls back down into her chair. She has water droplets on her forehead.]

 

Sophia: I am fine; the vino went straight to my head, anyway speaking of the vine. How about another drink? I will get them.

 

Ernest: Don’t be silly, I’ve got it.

[Ernest finishes his beer a then heads off to the bar. He lives the empty bottle and wine glass on the table. Sophia Pulls out her phone and looks into the glowing screen, she sends a text message. There is a noise from the phone telling her that he text message was sent. She wobbles the empty glass back and forward while she waits.]

 

[Enter Ernest.]

 

Ernest: Here you are, and I got some Olives for a snack. [Ernest places the drinks down and a small bowl of olives.]

 

Sophia: Thank you, theses olives look great, do you mind if I pinch one?

 

Ernest: Of course not, help yourself.

 [Sophia eats a few olives, as dose Ernest.]

 

Sophia: Very nice, I think their marinated in lemon, chilli and there is some spice I cant work out. I know I am tasting something apart from the lemon and chilli. What is it? What is it?

 

Ernest: I think I have got it, you see theses small black seeds that are on the olives. [Ernest points to one of the olives, Sophia takes a close look.] They are coriander seeds, they’re very nice.

 

Sophia: Yeah they are tasty, doesn’t coriander seeds go in India food more?

 

Ernest: Of course, but it is also used in Greek and Turkish cuisine.

 

Sophia: O yeah….. I have a question for you Ernest.

 

Ernest: Fire.

 

Sophia: how long have you been growing your beard? which by the way I very much enjoy looking at it.

 

Ernest: To get to this length was about three to four months of growing, but I have actually had the beard for five to six years, I just trim it once a mouth to keep it down. I don’t think I am ready to look like Charles Darwin yet.

 

[Sophia once again burst into laughter, as did Ernest.]

 

Sophia: Your very funny. I wonder if I can………I can’t it would be rude…. I was just wondering if I can……..I….

 

Ernest: What is it? You can ask me I won’t mind.

 

Sophia: Can I touch your beard?

[Sophia put both hands to her face like she was waiting to find out if she had won an Oscar.]

 

Ernest: Well normally I don’t let people touch it, but just this one……go on, have a feel.

 

[Sophia leans her right hand across the table, her manicure fingernail which are painted red touch Ernest thick beard for a few moments.]

 

Sophia: It was so soft, like cotton wool.

 

Ernest: Thank for the complement, I guess.

[They both take a drink.]

 

Sophia: I am having a really good time with you Ernest. I came out with my friend like I normally do on Friday nights and she had to go home early, so I thought that was that. But to be honest I am glad she left as I would never of came over to you and had this great conversation we are a having.

 

Ernest: Thanks, I am really have a good time as well. Want do you want to talk about next, Miss Sophia?

 

Sophia: I don’t know Mr Ernest.

[Both of them now flirting with each other. Sophia touching her hair while Ernest gazing into her eyes.]

 

Ernest: What about all the s**t that is going on at the moment in this world? Wars, earthquakes, Tsunamis the list can go on, what is going to happen to earth in the coming years?

 

Sophia: I know, every week you see on the news people crying as they watch their homes slide away in a flood, or you watch a mother holding a dead child after a sucide attck.

 

Ernest: Also it’s not just third world county’s that are being hit by disasters anymore. I mean just look at recent history with the floods in Australia and the awful earthquake and Tsunami in Japan.

 

Sophia: That was heart braking, the footage of all……..

 

Ernest: Sorry to but in again but this subject is not too serious for a Friday night, is it? We can change the subject if you like?

 

Sophia: It is a very depressing subject, but we can’t just pretend it doesn’t exist. Most people stick their heads in the sand and continue with their lives and its got nothing to so with them. But this is real life, it is not a books or a film, it is real people in real situation with real dead bodies…….. I don’t mid talking about stuff I feel strongly about.

 

Ernest: I am still waiting for something to happen to this little Island we live on, Great Briton. I can’t see what’s so great about it anymore, it defiantly lucky, maybe it should change its name to lucky Briton as nothing ever bad happens to it. I mean great disaster like the floods and devastating earthquakes with tens of thousands of dead blotted bodies floating down the road. Most countries theses days have had some kind of huge disaster, but not Great Briton yet. Yet!

 

Sophia: Wow! You get passionately about subjects you feel strongly about also. Maybe we should change the subject for the moment as we are both getting a bit worked up.

 

[Both of them take a long gulp of alcohol and then for two minuets none of them say a word. They just both look around the bar and finely for the last forty seconds of the two minutes of silence they look at each other.]

 

Ernest: Are you going anywhere this year? I mean abroad, anywhere nice?

 

Sophia: I might be going to New York for my third time for a few days. I have a real good friend out there and also I love the big apple. I think it is my Favourite city in the world.

 

Ernest: At least you have a favourite city; I still haven’t got one yet. I love a lot of cities but I still haven’t found one where I would die for. Well not really die for but you no what I mean.

[Ernest takes a sip of beer and then strokes his beard in a philosophical way.] Funny you should love New York city so much, I have been their a few times and to be honest it doesn’t do it for me, I don’t Like New York City, there I said it!

 [Ernest laughing as he said the last sentence like he was saying my name is Ernest and I am an alcoholic.]

 

Sophia: That’s great that you said that, because it not always good to have everything in common with friend’s………..Can I call you my friend? I know we have only known each other for a short time but I do think we have clicked.

 

Ernest: Couldn’t agree more, you may call me your friend.

 

Sophia: Anyway as I was saying, everyone is deferent; the world would be a very boring place is we all liked the same things and hated other things.

 

Ernest: Have you been to anywhere else in the US?

 

Sophia: Not yet, But I would love to go to San Francisco one day. How about you, you been to any other city in America?

 

Ernest: A few years ago I went on a road trip across America for a few months on the Greyhound bus. I can’t drive so I had to take the bus everywhere and to be honest I had no problem with the greyhound. Of course I went on the road trip because of one of my literary heroes, Jack Kerouac. Love all his stuff and its even better reading On the road when your are in fact on the road……. anyway I going off the point, I am talking about writers again, what was it you wanted to know again?

 

Sophia: What other places have you been to in America?

 

Ernest: Yeah, I loved New Orleans, the feeling of the place, the old graveyard with voodoo symbols, the drinking and music, the heat and humidity. It very touristy around Bourbon street but we live in the 21sy century so the tourist are everywhere……anyway I also loved The sate of New Mexico, Its just so majestic, the mountains, the vast dusty landscape and the slow way of life in the burning sunshine. Taos is a small town in New Mexico and if I were pushed I would have to say it was my favourite place in the US.

 

Sophia: Never heard of it, tell me more about it.

 

Ernest: its got mountians in the distance, vast old landscapes scatter around the small town, and its go just one mile down the road the ancient Taos Pablo community. And a few miles away from the centre of Taos, Is where D.H. Lawrence is buried. He lived in New Mexico for two years in his latter life; also his paintings are in the town hall of Taos.

 

Sophia: He Paints?

 

Ernest: Yeah, there is about ten or so paintings on a small room in the centre of Taos. The painting style is kind of Like a Paul Gauguin and Pablo Picasso but more explicit. A lot of naked women hang on theses sacred walls.

 

Sophia: Wow! Anything more about Taos, Is that how you pronounce it?

 

 

Ernest: Yeah…. also The movie Easy rider was filmed there, Dennis hopper had a big house in Taos as well and now he has left this earth he is buried there.

[Ernest took a gulp of beer and looked at Sophia with deep respect.] I am not working for the Taos tourist board, I just love the place…………I also loved Montana; it’s real America, with big trucks, big mountains, big people and big breakfasts.

[Sophia chuckles]

Finely I love San Francisco, really a cool city, great people very arty, Jack kerouac and the beats book shop, which by the way is called City Light book shop. Next to the shop is a bar called Vesuvio where all the beatniks drunk, Allen Ginsberg, of coarse Kerouac, Bob Dylan and others. You have to go their Sophia.

 

Sophia: I will, and to Taos, so much information to take in and I am not even sober. I have to get your details. Are you on facebook?

 

Ernest: Yeah I am, it seems like everyone is on Facebook theses days.

 

Sophia: I remember a few years back when I did not know what facebook was about, and then finely all my friends and work friends got me on to it. It good to stay connected with people but I think people waste a lot of time on it.

 

Ernest: Defiantly, It’s the Internet generation, the computer screen and the web is far more important then a leaf or a forest. But theses are the times we live in and I do like having my photos of my travels saved on my facebook page, it’s a good back up as I have lost some of my digital photos before when I got a virus on my laptop…….anyway you can look at my Taos photos when you go on my facebook page. I have a great black and white shot of the church I was talking about where Denis hopper got buried.

 

Sophia: Yeah that would be great.

[Sophia went on her phone, after a few moments she had her facebook page open on her phone.]

 

Ernest: Just write your name in there.

[Sophia passed her state of the art phone over to Ernest.]

 

Sophia: thanks [He held the phone in his hand and wrote his name on Sophia’s Facebook page. He looked at Sophia’s profile photograph of her self.]

 

Ernest: Great Profile photo, you look great in a cowboy hat.

 [Ernest passed the phone back over to Sophia very slowly.]

 

Sophia: Haha

 

[Sophia put her phone away and then had another olive and finished the remainder of her wine. Ernest finished his beer.

Then the song ‘Symphony for the devil’ by The Rolling Stones started to play loud into the bar.]

 

Ernest:  I love this song, Listened to it so many times and still can’t get enough of it. Just Love it. The Rolling Stones maybe should of retired by now but when they were at their best they were unstoppable.

 

Sophia: AMEN! [Sophia shouted.]

 

Ernest: Got any siblings?

 

Sophia: Three sisters and one brother, how about yourself?……wait…..that’s right you have a brother you were suppose to meet here tonight. Any other brothers or sisters?

 

Ernest: No. One brother, older that’s it.

 

Sophia: Do you get along with him?

 

Ernest: Yeah, I really do, How about you and your siblings?

 

Sophia: We love each other but like all families we argue sometimes.

 

Ernest: Yeah, I know what you mean; we wouldn’t be human if we didn’t argue with the ones we love.

 

Sophia: I also have two children, one boy aged 5 and one girl aged 7.

 

Ernest: Really!

[A surprised look ascended Ernest’s face. Also his cheeks went from pink to red.]

That’s great……um…..um… where are they now?

 

Sophia: With a babysitter.

 

Ernest: Um……what are their names…..

 

Sophia: I am joking Ernest, I have no children.

 

Ernest: Haha, I totally believed you. You’re good lie you should take it up professionally.

 

Sophia: Maybe I do it professionally.

 

Ernest: Stop. We are not talking about what we do, remember.

 

Sophia: That’s right, sorry. Anyway I am all out.

 [Sophia held her empty glass in the air and shook it.]

 

Ernest: How about we get something stronger. What do you say, one for the road. How about it?

 

Sophia: Bring it on.

 

[They both smiled and then Ernest went off to the bar.]

 [Exit Ernest.]

 

[Sophia closed her eyes and let her head fall back as she listened to the music. She rocked her shoulders and head from side to side.

 

[Enter Ernest with drinks.]

 

Ernest: Try this.

 [He placed a shot glass in front of Sophia. Inside he small glass looked like a shot of water.]

 

Sophia: What is it?

 

Ernest: Try it first and then I will tell you.

 

Sophia: Ok.

 

[They both lifted their shot glasses in the air and then they both downed the drink. Sophia face went bright red and her eyes looked watery. She coughed, as did Ernest a moment latter.]

 

Sophia: That burns like lava going into your hear, I can still feel it burning inside. What the hell was that?

 

Ernest: It was Grappa.

 

Sophia:  I have heard of it before, is it from Italy?

 

Ernest: Correct. It’s distilled from grapes.

 

Sophia: All I know is I am glad I tried it but I don’t think I will be having another one.

 

Ernest: Its lucky you had at tall tonight, as it is extremely hard to find it in bars across England. I can’t believe they sold it here.

 

Sophia: It’s got a strong after taste.

 [She licks her lips for a few seconds.] This might sound strange but it taste like a cross between vanilla and burnt plastic.

 

Ernest: That doesn’t sound strange; I know what you mean when you say burnt plastic.

 

Sophia: Thanks for the drink.

 

Ernest: No problem.

 

Sophia: Do you want to play a quick game?

 

Ernest: Ok

 

Sophia: I will ask you some general knowledge question and you just say yes or no. Ok?

 

Ernest: Sounds easy enough. Fire.

 

Sophia: Ok, It is a bit personal, maybe to personal, I shouldn’t really be asking you such privet questions, but is should be fun as well. Are you fine with that, if not, just tell me to stop asking the questions?

 

Ernest: I am fine with your terms and conditions.

[Ernest smiles}

 

Sophia: Now clear your mind.

 

Ernest: I think the grappa helped with that.

 

Sophia: Come on, take it seriously.

 

Ernest: Ok, Ok, my mind is clear. Lets start.

 

Sophia: Do you like cats?

 

Ernest: Yes.

 

Sophia: Do you like pizza?

 

Ernest: Yes.

 

Sophia: Do you smoke?

 

Ernest: No.

 

Sophia: Are you athletic?

 

Ernest: No.

 

Sophia: Do you like television soaps?

 

Ernest: No.

 

Sophia: Do you watch football?

 

Ernest: Yes.

 

Sophia: Do you like football?

 

Ernest: no.

 

Sophia: Do you really hate something on earth more then anything else?

              

Ernest:  Yes.

 

Sophia: What is it? You don’t have to answer yes or no with this question.

 

Ernest: Animal cruelty.

 

Sophia: Ok, back to yes or no. Have you ever written a creative piece of writing?

 

Ernest: Yes.

 

Sophia: Was it a short story or a novel

 

Ernest: Both.

 

Sophia: Have you ever been married?

 

Ernest: No

 

Sophia: Do you have children?

 

Ernest: No

 

Sophia: Do you like Spain?

 

Ernest: Yes

 

Sophia: Do you like England?

 

Ernest: Yes and No.

 

Sophia: Do you like your self?

 

Ernest: Yes.

 

Sophia: Do you like me?

 

Ernest: Yes.

 

Sophia: Do you want to see me again?

 

Ernest: Yes.

 

[They both sat in silence just gazing at each other for a minute or so.]

 

Sophia: I hope I wasn’t too nosey. But I have just learnt so much about you with these questions. I sometimes play this game when I meet someone new I like.

 

Ernest: It was fine; I don’t mind telling you anything. Just….

 

[A bell is rung twice.]

 

Sophia: I think that means last orders.

 

Ernest: Yeah, I guess you are right.

 

Sophia: Do you want another drink or………do you want to have a drink back at my flat, I live quit close.

 

Ernest:  Before I answer another question. Can I ask you one question with the same rules? You can only answer me with a yes or a no

 

Sophia: Ok. Ask away.

 

 

Ernest: Here is my one question. Would you like to lean over this wooden table that is between us and kiss me?

 

[The music stopped in the bar. Sophia looked straight at Ernest for a two straight minutes with out a word or an expression on her face. Then after the long silence she leaned over the table very slowly and passionately kissed Ernest.]

 

Sophia: How was that?

 

Ernest: Great. I loved your answer.

 

Sophia: Lets get out of hear.

 

Ernest: Ok Miss Sophia.

 

 

[Sophia held Ernest by the hand and led him out of the bar.]

 

[Exit Ernest and Sophia.]

 

 

[Out loud Bob Dylan’s song ‘Like a Rolling stone’ is played into the bar. On the table underneath the huge framed photograph of Albert Camus are six items. Two shot glasses, two wine glasses and two bottles of beer. Half way through the song a man enters.

[Enter Bartender.]

 

A man in his early twenty with short-cropped blond hair, wearing a black t-shirt and black jeans, walks over to the table. He is carrying a tablecloth over his right shoulder. He then picks up each item of the table and places them on a tray. He then takes of the cloth of his shoulder and wipes the tables. He then walks off.

[Exit Bartender.]

 

The song plays to it ends then the lights are turned out in the bar.

 

 

End Of Act 1

 

 

© 2011 Luke Ritta


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

http://poeticvoice.ning.com/

We are an online writing community that provides writers with the feedback, motivation, and advice needed to achieve their writing goals.The Poetic Voice Community is fast and easy to join, and you will not get lost in it's easy maneuvering features. We here at Poetic Voice also hope to grow as a community of friends. Our intention, and wish is to learn and share with others. Basically we believe an open mind, and heart can promote growth. We hope to gain an understanding that can stretch and reach around the world.


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
1 Review
Added on March 30, 2011
Last Updated on March 30, 2011

Author

Luke Ritta
Luke Ritta

London, United Kingdom



About
Hi, I am 26 and from London. I love writing short stories, poems and novels. My writing is a bit like Jack Kerouac and Ernest Hemingway. I love reading classic Literature, from Tolstoy to Proust, I .. more..

Writing