Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by LunarDragon

Chapter One


“Paparazzi?” Ivan asked. Jess shook her head.

“Photo bombing?” I asked. Jess shook her head once more. Ivan looked thoughtful for once, and I was stumped. I looked over at my other brother, Conner. He stared out the window into nothingness and I smirked.

“Hey Conner? Do you know?” I asked him. He turned to face me.

“Either camera, or photography.” He replied.

“DING!” Jess said. She smiled. “It was photography!” Conner sighed.

“Aw! I was thinking it was something MUCH harder!” Ivan complained. I laughed. My eyes drifted to the closed door to my father’s study. I sighed and stood up.

“I’m going to check up on Zane.” I said, starting to make my way to the chestnut colored doors that led to the hallway.

“Luna, you don’t have to keep checking on that bird!” My sister said. She stood and raced over to me. “Stay and play!” She hooked her arm around mine and started to head back to our brothers. I pulled back my arm.

“No thanks.” I pushed through the doors and into the cold, stone, hallway. A red velvet carpet ran straight through, knight armor lining the walls, even though it was barely past the invention of the Air Screens, screens that were generated by braclets that you put on, and if you pushed a certain button it appeared in front of you. My bare feet pounded against the soft, but still cold carpet as I made my way to the stables. I heard a door and I turned, still running, backwards. I was about to turn when I tripped and fell backwards. My elbows met the ground and then my head did. My arms flew up and I gripped the back of my head.

“OW!” I said, clenching my teeth. “Stupid running backwards!”  I stumbled back to my feet, gripping the back of my head. I then put one foot in front of the other. I sighed. I rounded a corner and pushed through a runned down door into a room with hay on the floor to cover up the dirt with counters lining the room with wool, buckets, and some unprocessed meat. In a corner, a wooden birdcage sat upon a table with a bag beside it. Inside was a golden feathered hawk. I smiled and skipped over, picking up a scoop and burying it in the bag of seeds before withdrawing it and opening the cage. I gently dumped the scoop full of seeds into an empty bowl. Then I held out my hand to Zane and he hopped onto it, letting out a squawk. I laughed and stroked his feathers, before sliding him back into his cage and shutting it. I sighed.

“Bye Zane.” I said, waving as I hurried out of the room and back to the lounge where my siblings were.


“Um, a canyon!” Ivan said.

“No.” I said.

“A mountain?” Jess asked.

“Nope.”

“Crevice?”

“Closer.” I replied.

“A, um, what is it? A steep drop?” Ivan asked.

“That would be a, um, Conner?” Jess asked. Connor sighed and looked at us.

“A precipice.” He said.

“Uh, no.” I responded.

“Oh I know, a crag.” Jess said.

“Yep! I mean, DING!” I said. “A crag.”

“Okay, my turn.” Ivan said. “Um what flows through valleys, jungles, forests, and-”

“A river?” I asked.

“What?” Ivan looked dumbfounded. “How’d you know?”

“It’s pretty obvious.” I replied.

“And you suck at this game.” Jess added. I laughed. Ivan threw a pillow and jess threw one back until we had started a pillow fight. I threw one at Ivan and he was knocked over. Then as I was about to throw one at Jess I saw Connor just sitting there. I sighed, dropping my pillow and walking over to him.

“Are you gonna play with us?” I asked him. His lush blond hair ruffled as he ran a hand through his hair as he turned to look at me. He smirked.

“Alright.” I smiled and grabbed a pillow running off as he threw one at me.

“Five hits and you’re dead!” I shouted. Jess laughed as she hit Conner and his hair fluffed up. Ivan barreled into a pillow head on as he was trying to dodge another. Jess became a person from the Matrix, and I just laid low, throwing pillows willy nilly. I leap up to throw a pillow but am hit by Jess, for the fifth time and I stumble back into a chair, laughing. My eyes drifted again to the door that led to my father’s study. I sighed and looked down, seeing a book on the floor. The Chronicles of the Dragon. A personal favorite. I flipped open the book and started to read it for the exact forty second time.


© 2014 LunarDragon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Huh. It's kind of slow, but it introduces the characters a bit. Otherwise, not bad.

Posted 10 Years Ago


LunarDragon

10 Years Ago

thank you. :D
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Welcome! We will start Murderer in a few minutes, btw.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 18, 2014
Last Updated on February 18, 2014


Author

LunarDragon
LunarDragon

IL



About
I like writing, drawing, and reading. I'm trying to write a novel and I love mechanics and engineering. Favorite Movies/TV: Knight and Day The A-Team Spirited Away My Neighbor Totoro Princes.. more..

Writing