Star-Crossed

Star-Crossed

A Story by Luna
"

Two Star-Crossed Lovers: Both died in difficult ways and cannot be with each other. But they can see each other for a fragment of time throughout their eternities.

"

I’ve sat here watching the dark waves on the beach carry on as I wait for you. I haven’t heard any other noise except their insistent pleas to inch closer. The sea looks so much more inviting than you’re cryptically black eyes ever could be. So I gracefully dance to my friend, and let it gently caress the bottom of my tattered dress as I find solace in its cool embrace on my ankles.

            The swishing breeze picks up and I close my eyes falling into its steady rhythm. I feel your presence and smile but I do not open my eyes because if I did, I know it would be devastating. Why oh why did I ever think it could work? I hear you nearing myself, but as you reach out to touch me I become just like the sand and am swept out to sea.

            I told you once before it wouldn’t work. This place was where I always belonged; it was my country; my home. The sea kept singing to me coercing me never to return to the land because I haven’t lived on land for a very long time. And I probably never would again.

            Staying at the place where my body laid buried underneath for centuries I never meant to harm you. I never told you seek me out the way you did. But this poor girl couldn’t help herself, and so I say my gentle lover, smile at another pretty girl with your cryptic black eyes, and sashay to the violin pieces as you did many lifetimes ago.

            Maybe your elegant dresses will be to another’s fancy, but never to mine again. I cannot kiss you as I once did. But we’ll both live on, but never again side by side. We’re both doomed for eternity, you as the life stealer and I as the clouded shadow of a human. We cannot touch, but we can see for a few fragmental moments underneath a pitying night sky.

© 2010 Luna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this poem. I spend many nights with a bottle and friends near the ocean. Description and story were so good. Poem have spirit and energy. Ending was outstanding.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


You possess great skill with words. This piece is very poetic and mysterious. I hope to read more of your prose.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2010
Last Updated on January 9, 2010

Author

Luna
Luna

NY



About
Hello There! Pen-Name: Luna/Lunaskies Other Nicknames: Roxas/Biff Real Name: Bwahaha I shall never tell!~ Or will I o.O? Age: 17 Likes: All kinds of music' Different languages (I speak Englis.. more..

Writing
Dinner Dinner

A Poem by Luna


Innocent Innocent

A Poem by Luna


My Plea My Plea

A Poem by Luna