Unknown Diary Entry

Unknown Diary Entry

A Chapter by LyndsF
"

I now know that everything i have been told, have learned and seen is in fact the truth. 

"
We have finally broke through into the ancient caves in our discovered location in Egypt not far from where many great pharaohs have laid for centuries.

It has taken two years to finally get to this moment and i feel relieved as well as exhausted. To have pretended all this time that i was weak and human has been difficult. I could have used my powers to get into the cave in record time but this has to be done above board.

The last thing that i want is for people to be suspicious of who i am and what my intentions are. According to them they think i am a rich aristocrat wanting to make a name for himself by discovering a new tomb. That is the way i want to keep it.

My kind have been kept quiet for centuries and we have become very good at covering our tracks. The cave as expected has led to a room which are in the ancient scrolls i discovered last year.

After the men removed all the debris and placed support beams i began to inspect the room.

It was beyond what i imagined: in the centre of the room is a stone altar. There are several pictures depicted on it that would make any normal person cringe, mostly animal sacrifice.

The human drawn pictures on the walls are fascinating and reveal so much, too much. The men that have helped me now refuse to come into the tomb stating that there is a curse there. Little do they know that who they've been working with for two years is in fact more dangerous than any curse. I am the curse. From all the information that i have gathered so far i now know that everything i have been told, have learned and seen is in fact the truth. 



© 2018 LyndsF


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on January 11, 2018
Last Updated on January 11, 2018


Author

LyndsF
LyndsF

United Kingdom



About
Self taught writer who has a degree in Drama. An avid fan of history and fantasy of which influences what i write. I use writing as an escape where i can emerge myself with the characters and their st.. more..

Writing