Of Course I'll Wait For You In Heaven

Of Course I'll Wait For You In Heaven

A Story by Lyrical-Lies
"

Deticated to the loss of my dad. I got inspiration from a certain song and started writing. Honestly I would sacrifice myself if that meant that he got to remain alive. I wish it didn't have to be this way. I love you dad.

"

The air around me is cold against my skin. I'm walking down a path; I feel the urge to run, but keep at my walking pace.

There's leaves around me and they're crunching under my feet. I feel the coldness push up on my eyes, making them tear. It's cold fall weather around me and now all I feel is that something is going to be at the end of the path.

I can't figure out where I'm going but the path keeps leading me on; I feel something as I continue to walk.

The atmosphere around me is forestry. All of the leaves off of the trees, showing a white sky above me, the clouds had taken over.

The path ends. There's a clearing. I walk and see an open feild with a lake. There's a dock at the end of the lake, and somebody is sitting there, staring out at the still water. It's a man; he's got on a coat and his back is to me as I walk up to him.

My breathing slows as I creep on the dock. I tap the man on the shoulder. He stands up, his back still to me.

"Excuse me s-" I stop talking as he turns around. It's my dad. Tears push up on my eyes and instantly I feel them streaming down my cheeks. He puts his thumb to my cheek and whipes away the tear, but I can't feel it. I sniffle and hug him tightly.

"Of course I'll wait for you in heaven," He says to me. I look at him and his face is fading. I scream at him to stay but his figure is already in mist as he drifts into the sky. I fall to my knees and sit on the dock, taking the spot of where he'd been sitting just moments ago. The tears are falling down my cheeks as I look out into the horizon.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and look up. My best friend is standing there with her arms folded shivering and she kneels down beside me.

"What's wrong?" She asks, giving me a hug and whiping the tears.

I shake my head. "Nothing," I whisper.

"Common back home," she says rubbing my back, trying to comfort me.

"I need to stay a little longer," I say.

She nodded and stood up. "I'll be over there if you need me," she says.

I nod then she walks away.

I hug my knees and rest my head on them as I sit on the dock, looking up at the sky. "Of course I'll wait for you in heaven," He had said. I smiled numbly and let the tears trickle down my face before left the place that is even too good to take place in my dreams.

© 2009 Lyrical-Lies


Author's Note

Lyrical-Lies
You don't have to comment on my loss, it can be awkward for lots of people can't relate, but it's fine if you do. Comment on my writing if you'd prefer, also. This piece of writing means something to me so don't steal...if you do then I can't do much, but you'll be living with the fact that you upsetted me. Give me constructive critism :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on October 12, 2009

Author

Lyrical-Lies
Lyrical-Lies

Canada



About
I'm thirteen and basically i'm the shy one that loves to express myself into creative writing and such. Thirteen is a crappy age; but I think that age shouldn't matter in creative writing. Honestly I .. more..

Writing