Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by MAMatters
"

Medium: The Origins finds a young man setting out to avenge the death of a beloved family member and to recover forgotten memories, only to find himself with a new case and a unknown assailant on him.

"

Prologue

 

        The legs keep going around and around like a train, moving fast in the dark. A young kid about eight was holding a baby toddler less than one under the white cloth featuring smoke scars. The toddler is just looking on ahead with nothing but curiosity, but the boy keeps looking behind as his face is full of fear. He can see nothing other than trees behind him in the dark.

          He trips, and shields his baby brother while they both fall down. When he tries to get back up, he sticks himself on the ground due to the fear of the darkness. He can see nothing above. What if I see him when I get up, he thought? So he tries to crawl away from it while carrying his brother. What can be so scary that it has him running and crawling for his life? For both of their lives?

          When he thought this situation couldn’t possible get any worse, he hit himself against some sort of wall, realizing he’s reached a dead end. He turned back, look up, left, and right. He tried to see, but all he could see is darkness clouding his view.

          Where is it, which way is it coming from, what will happen if it finds us? So many unthinkable thoughts flow in his mind, and the more it flows in, the more stress and fear the boy increases on himself. As the boy looks closer, he can see a silhouette that’s seemingly getting bigger and bigger. He looks closer again, and there he sees a pale bruised arm emerging out of the shadows as if it were reaching the boy. The boy tries to move back, but he can’t with that wall in the way.

          Oh no no no no no no! It’s gonna kill us! It’s gonna kill us all. Terrifying thoughts swim through his mind. He can’t see the silhouette anymore. Is it getting close, he thought? He hugged his baby brother tight, trying to protect him, and shielded his face from the terror coming after them. He can’t hear anyone crawling, so he looks back up and he can still see the darkness, but hears no voice. Is it gone? He hopes.

          As he tries to get up, Pop! The silhouette, showing its red veined eyes. The silhouette slowly walk towards the boy’s direction. The boy, shocked and terrified, tries to crawl away until it hits something. He looks up and he can’t believe it. There was another pair of eyes. It was all pale, and no lenses showing either. It’s like it’s not even human, nor a beast.

          The no lenses silhouette just walk past the boy, and straight towards the red veined-eyes silhouette. It stuck something at it, and the silhouette shrieks out loud. It disappears.

          The no lenses silhouette showed itself from the shadows, and it reveals nothing but an ancient looking old lady with an attire of a darkish blue boar skeleton robe. The boy is still frightened. He screams, he scream as if it’s his last moments on earth.

          “Be quiet.” The old lady said, extending her arm to him. “I’m not going to hurt you.”

          The boy sit still, not knowing what to do. “You have nowhere else to go boy. If you stay out here in the dark you’ll never be safe, come with me and I promise to protect you from that thing.”

          The boy doesn’t know if he can trust her, but he wants to be in a place where he can see, and so he goes with her. What will she do with me what will she do with me what will she do with me? The boy keeps thinking this same question over and over again during the ride with the old lady.

          The old lady grabs her photo album, and sits on her knees glazing into the fire. “Times are getting darker and darker, and it seems the darkness is catching up to the young ones. It’s one of the dangers of looking after kids, anything they bring with them will put anyone in danger, and that’s exactly what happened with you. You could’ve been here with me today by my side son, but instead he is here. He’s seen all too well, and he cannot function normally at all. He worries too much about his baby brother, and so do I. Once you make contact with it, and take its remains with you, it follows you everywhere you go as long as you have it. That is that case with the baby. I sensed it in him to have something a part of it, but what it is, it does not show. I hate to say this, I really do, but all I know is that because of him anyone that’s around him is now in danger.”



© 2015 MAMatters


Author's Note

MAMatters
Medium: The Origins finds a young man setting out to avenge the death of a beloved family member and to recover forgotten memories. He shuns himself from having a normal social life for the sake of vengeance. Just when he thought he ran out of leads, he was involved in an incident which leads him to start a new case. This particular investigation changes him greatly while he is being hunted by an unknown assailant whose victims never got to see before they met their doom.

Note: This is my first book and I plan to write more. Criticism, praise, or any feedback of some sorts are welcome.
http://www.booksie.com/action_and_adventure/novel/mamatters/meduim:-the-origins/chapter/1#XjH5mB34IHaXDK2J.99

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
Added on September 1, 2015
Last Updated on September 1, 2015
Tags: supernatural, detective, action, adventure, horror, suspense, highschool, teen, medium, origins, series


Author

MAMatters
MAMatters

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by MAMatters


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by MAMatters


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by MAMatters