Mirrors (2001)

Mirrors (2001)

A Poem by MC Blodeuwedd

Mirrors- Do they tell truth or lies?
Look Past the face of imperfections
and look deep into your eyes.
You can see the evil star glow
and the innocent tear glisten.
Put your hand on your heart now.
Feel it, and listen.
The love it holds or pain it carries,
What you fondly remember or try to bury.
And through those round windows you have,
we can see it all- happy, angry, hurt, or sad.
So look into the mirror once more,
but instead of the outside,
 it's in your heart you should explore.
Do you know, now, the mirror holds truth but has lied?
Outer appearance is nothing compared to the soul inside!

© 2011 MC Blodeuwedd


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

ah, the message everyone needs to receive! I'm around too many people (probably including myself at times) that care so much about their physical apperances that getting to know their hearts and minds is difficult - that should never be the case. The Media has distorted the definition of beauty and has everyone captured in its trance...we're all hallucinating. You've unlocked a crucial lesson through this poem, the idea that your soul is so much more of a treasure than your hair color or make up. I always appreciate when people are genuine and honest through their poetry, well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is incredible, Much enjoyed this write, such strong emotions come through. I can feel some truth in this too. Very nicely done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


An excellent poem. I can feel your feelings that you are trying to convey to your reader. The poem was easy to understand, and I can see the passion you put into your writing. I don't see anyway that this poem could be improved. I think you did a great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2011
Last Updated on February 5, 2011

Author

MC Blodeuwedd
MC Blodeuwedd

Kansas City, MO



About
Most of my material is very old. Most of my writing comes from distraught. Only extreme emotion can really bring out my best poetry. I am trying to write more short stories now but even then I have t.. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by MC Blodeuwedd



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Old flames Old flames

A Poem by Elwina