Prolouge

Prolouge

A Chapter by MDShadowwing
"

Well, its the beginning obviously, you can see for yourself.

"

Prologue

As the echo of swords, whips, and crackles of energy and magic ring through the air thirteen golden beams of light bring a group of men in white from the sky. Everyone gazes at them with disbelief, wondering who these people were. Looking up I see an obsidian serpent go mad with rage, his rider having been burned by a golden flame from the male golden. The obsidian charges at the golden, latching onto his neck. The men in white begin humming a strange tune, as the female golden roars in rage, attacking the obsidian, only to get attacked by the obsidian’s mate, a male amethyst who tears at her wings and spine. For some reason I mentally try to stop him, frantically yelling as my vision turns red with the dragon’s rage. Desperately I disconnect from the dragon’s mind, and the first three dragon’s collapse, the amethyst flying around still pissed off.

The roars of agony from the dying dragon fill the air, masking the men in white’s humming. The male golden hits the ground, causing an earthquake like sensation that knocks everyone except the men in white, who seem to be floating, to the ground. The two females catch themselves, and fly away to lick their wounds and sulk to only they knew where off of the battleground. Out from within the golden dragon a man who is nearly transparent and dressed in golden armor steps out of the now husk, and towards the men in white.

My death has come.” He begins to announce, his voice in this state half heard, and half felt, ringing through everyone’s mind, including the dragon’s hovering above, “My time in this world, has ended. Everyone please, silence your minds, and do not mourn me. Instead, you should celebrate, for without my death, no one would be able to move on with their lives, or pass into the next.  Today we h…” A screech of terror from the dragons in flight interrupts his speech, his own obituary, as they begin circling their riders, and diving to pick them up.  The ground, rumbles and cracks, and knocks the majority of the humans, including the men in white, to the ground. As my dragon manages to lace his talons in between my pack and my clothing, I look down at the ground he is lifting me from, and scream. From within the cracks in the ground, black grotesque lizard like humanoids spill out like a fountain, killing the riders not yet off of the ground, some still too close to the ground, and the defenseless men in white, silencing their humming. Laughing they surround the dragon’s spirit, and a few raise their arms to cast a spell. With words in an unintelligible language if hisses and clicks, they create a black barrier above the mountains of the surrounding islands, trapping everything within it.

“Did you really think we would ever let you esscape dragon?! You may fool thesse mortalss, but you will never fool uss. We know you want them to think of you a*s a god, but we need that to sstop now. You sshall come with uss back to relieve another life, or they will never be released, not even those dead,” The largest of the creatures slurs, having a half human and half reptile speech pattern.

You’re foolish beast!” The dragon yells, “Why can’t you just let me become a god! I swear I will get you for this, I swear that I wi-ista? Krista? Krista? Krista wake up you’ll be late!” I open my eyes, waking from my nightmare to see my sister’s overexcited face above me. She continues to shake me to make sure I am up for good.

“Marissa, I’m awake, now get off of me already!”



© 2014 MDShadowwing


Author's Note

MDShadowwing
The double ss' are to show a speech pattern, as mentioned in the story itself, and yes I know, it at one point spells a word, but is not supposed to sound like that word.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting start. I like it, though it did get a tad bit confusing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

I'm not sure what happened there...
MDShadowwing

10 Years Ago

I'm not sure how to explain that, It will be explained later in the book, much later, but I wouldn'.. read more
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Alright. Lol, I would explain how I'm confused, but I'm not sure how to explain it either.(Not tryin.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 31, 2013
Last Updated on January 4, 2014


Author

MDShadowwing
MDShadowwing

Columbus, OH



Writing
Hatchling Hatchling

A Chapter by MDShadowwing


The History The History

A Chapter by MDShadowwing