No Title

No Title

A Poem by MzIzzy
"

My mother passed away two days before my 32nd birthday, this poem was written in August 2009 as her year anniversay approached.

"
No Title

My heart’s eyes are pouring tears of sorrow
My core is consumed with pain
People say, “refrain
Stop this craziness and regain
Your composure”

I have traveled many roads
I have been broken, battered and abused
Confused
But never have I been
So torn
Ripped from the inside out
I shout
Can you hear my cry?

My mother was a part of me
A piece now disconnected
Yes, I know,
Jesus was resurrected
And so shall she be
Free

They say time heals all wounds
Yet this assumes
For my time
Stands still….

Marqueta---Love True (2009)

© 2010 MzIzzy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This one really hit me. I lost my mother when I was four. I don't think I could ever put that feeling into words as beautifully and melodic as you did. I have two pieces of writing about my mom on my page if you want to check them out. They are "My Blessed Curse" and "Birthday". Birthday is a work in progress; it may be part of a book. I'd love your input.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Deeply moving... Not only was this powerful and tragic, it was beautiful as well. There is a beauty in the fact that you haven't forgotten your pain, and that memories still swell up from time to time to torture you. I love the last lines of the piece, so true...you take a "cliche" and show it in a different light. I also loved the beat and rhythm of this piece, it was fantastic.

Posted 14 Years Ago


"Yet this assumes
For my time
Stands still…." That had to be, by far, my favourite bit of this poem! It's so true, so harsh, and so moving~
This is written so well! I loved the form you used, the breaks happening unexpectedly (much like hard events in life) yet infusing the rhyme and rhythm with raw passion!
I loved this!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a really moving poem. It's really sad too. Really good work on making it flow together really well. Keep up the good work. Really sorry for your loss.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 21, 2010
Last Updated on February 21, 2010

Author

MzIzzy
MzIzzy

DC



About
Hi, I am Marqueta but my friends call me MzIzzy--long story! My love for writing began when I was a young child. I still have many of my journals from my childhood. Poetry is one of my greatest pass.. more..

Writing