Till Next Lifetime

Till Next Lifetime

A Story by yuhee
"

n our next lifetime, it will still be you. Just a prompt inspired from Ben&Ben, Sa Susunod na Habang Buhay

"

Standing there staring at oblivion. What could you be looking at? I wanted to ask yet somehow I decided not to. I was left wondering while I am here, looking at you from faraway.

"I needed a break I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry I don't love you anymore."

"I'm sorry" 

Recalling those lines made my heart clench. How easily those words rolled in my tongue not minding how you feel or what would you feel. I spoke and then leave you without looking back just to spare a glance to your form. Did you cry? Did you wail? Did you curse me? I don't know. I was so confident when I made that rather brash decision. Because I know, I had fallen out of love.

"You are not my sun nor my moon. You are my sky that I know I can't live without it. Kath, I love you. Would you be my girlfriend?" I sounded so cheesy yet so in love and I knew you too as I saw your teary eyes and smile. We were so in love back then. So in love that nothing matters, that even the world go against us, we will always stand firm together. Yet, it was me who let you down.

"Let's live our live in the fullest together okay?"

"We will always be together I promise."

"It will be only you. Will always be you now and to our next lifetime, this will be my promise Kath."

While making that promise, what was I thinking then? If I remember correctly, it was our future together. A happy and dream come true future that we always wanted. Something that I intended to make it real but all those promises are now just broken vow. I broke them all.

Tears continue to fell in my eyes as all our memories flashback in me and all the love that I thought was gone was there. It had never been gone. I was just to blind, so stupid. How could I promise you a happy life when I am this shallow. Instead of happiness, all I had given was sorrow and grief. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry Kath." I repeatedly mutter like a chant for you hear, for you to know that I am here. However, only a cold breeze reaches you not my voice. Ah it is really too late.

I stand here watching you as you started to leave. Like how I did, you too did not look back. I went to where you were once. Staring at what you had left behind. Gold plated rings. Wedding rings. Our supposedly wedding rings. Tears flooded my eyes like a never ending rain, like my heart. Really, it was too late.

In Loving Memory
of
Daniel Williams
August 16, 1990-March 21, 2015

"If there will be a next lifetime, I would still choose to love you."

© 2022 yuhee


Author's Note

yuhee
Just another cliché prompt I written out of nowhere just by listening to Ben&Ben's Sa Susunod na Habang Buhay

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nicely written piece, expressed very well ;-]

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
1 Review
Added on March 28, 2022
Last Updated on March 28, 2022
Tags: sad, lifetime, song, inspiration, death, separation, view, love, life

Author

yuhee
yuhee

XII, Philippines



About
Altschmerz. Jouska. Nodus Tollens. ツ A pretty average girl with complexity and madness inside. Expressionism is ❤ I write to express. I like reading Dan Brown's, Mitch Albom's, Lauren .. more..

Writing
Sisa Baliw Sisa Baliw

A Poem by yuhee