This World in the Eyes of Naivete

This World in the Eyes of Naivete

A Story by yuhee
"

The world is cruel but still it is beautiful

"
You were born only knowing all the beautiful things the world can offer. Pure and never tainted. They brought you up like a clean canvas that was never meant to be painted on. You live treading lilies and white roses, a flowery path devoid of pain, devoid of sadness. You grow up believing that the world is beautiful and nothing more. Young and naïve, you indulge in that kind of innocence that you never know was toxic to others. To others who, before they can even understand complex things, had known the cruelness of the world the moment they had born. However, these people the world had condemn to, know more love than anyone else. For love is always accompanied by pain and that pain is always resulted from love, thus they know better. So despite of the naivety almost akin to foolishness you had, they embrace you carefully, not wanting you to be stained by the blackness of their being. They wanted you to remain pure, a remnant of something they yearned to be. Something that will remind them that the world might be cruel, but it is still beautiful.

© 2022 yuhee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Reading this felt so relatable. You really have a deeper sense of understanding towards life.

Posted 6 Months Ago


Wonderful story, life is beautiful, yet at times pain intermixes inside our minds, blinding our eyes to it.Thank you for sharing your words ;-]

Posted 2 Years Ago


I agree my friend.
"Something that will remind them that the world might be cruel, but it is still beautiful."
The above lines, we mut learn. Hard days make us stronger. Appreciate the good days. Thank you for sharing the amazing story and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 19, 2022
Last Updated on March 19, 2022
Tags: world, beautiful, acceptance, naivety, ignorance, innocence

Author

yuhee
yuhee

XII, Philippines



About
Altschmerz. Jouska. Nodus Tollens. ツ A pretty average girl with complexity and madness inside. Expressionism is ❤ I write to express. I like reading Dan Brown's, Mitch Albom's, Lauren .. more..

Writing
Sisa Baliw Sisa Baliw

A Poem by yuhee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Paper Love Paper Love

A Poem by yuhee


The End The End

A Poem by Giulia King