The Steps to Surviving a Breakup

The Steps to Surviving a Breakup

A Story by Mobile Styles
"

Truth be told no breakup is a good breakup. In fact, breakups simply suck. But let’s flip this around people it’s a breakup, not a breakdown.

"

Truth be told no breakup is a good breakup. In fact, breakups simply suck. But let’s flip this around people it’s a breakup, not a breakdown. So get up, put on your favorite shoes and get yourself a jalapeño margarita to help your dancing skills. I know throwing a smile on your face and binge-watching Sex and the City with friends is easier said than done when all you want to do is call your ex. I'm here to help you out and give you the steps to survive your breakup.

1. Lace up those dusty old sneakers and go running
 - Working out releases endorphins into your brain which boosts up your mood and possibly get lost in a Miley Cyrus song blasting in your headphones. It is proven that working out not only makes your brain happier but also increases your confidence because you are getting toned and benefiting your body. Think Khloe Kardashian's rockin’ show Revenge Body. You are opening up the gates to looking and feeling amazing, which means when you see your ex you’ll walk away feeling all hot and stuff. Another reason running and working out help you move on and move up is because of the music that pumps you up and makes you feel like a million dollars. Throw on some Miley or some old school Christina Aguilera and fist pump into your next mile.


2. Surround yourself with empowering and uplifting friends - 
Whether you guys are going hiking, to the movies, or to a bar, being with friends who make you laugh and let you talk out your troubles will change everything (honestly this is true even if you aren’t going through a split). Friends are there for you for many reasons but during a breakup, they are there to buy your next drink and let you cry and scream when you need it. It is so important to laugh and realize that while you may be mourning the loss of your significant other, you still have people in your life that love you and want to be with you. They will make you realize your worth and remind you of the person you were before the relationship and will help you realize you can be that independent happy person again.

 

3. Don’t think about it in the wee hours of the night…and DON’T text them - 
At night no one is thinking clearly. You are tired, you had a day, and your brain is telling you that you’re lonely. While this may be the case and you may be lonely, which don’t forget is temporary, it does not in any way mean you should text them. Throw on a show, call a friend, call your mom, and do anything you can to ignore the night time scaries. By getting some sleep and resting your brain, you are giving yourself the chance to grow and get stronger at this point in your life. Waking up with a fresh face and a fresh mind will make everything better and give your clarity.



The last thing I am going to tell you is to remember you’re strong, you have been independent in the past and you can do it again.

© 2018 Mobile Styles


Author's Note

Mobile Styles
For more info go to www.mobilestyles.com

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on March 26, 2018
Last Updated on March 26, 2018
Tags: breakeup, relax, friends

Author

Mobile Styles
Mobile Styles

New York, NY



About
Mobile Styles, the leading on-demand Beauty & Health app in the U.S. delivers talented professionals to any location at any time! Our amazing app allows you to instantly find Clients or PROs from Los .. more..

Writing