10 Simple Switches for a better Diet

10 Simple Switches for a better Diet

A Story by Mobile Styles
"

Who wants to live a healthier, more balanced life?

"
Who wants to live a healthier, more balanced life? Who doesn’t? It sounds easier said than done, but it’s not. The first thing people may think is, I have to exercise more. Although this is true, it is not the only thing that affects your health. Believe it or not, diet is the most important thing when it comes to living a healthier life. As a personal trainer, I hear things like “Just tell me what to eat” or “Healthy food has no flavor.” Well, neither of those comments are productive. You can make simple changes to your diet in order to create a healthier lifestyle.
 
1.    Have water before your meal 

About an hour before your meal, have a glass of water to make sure you are really hungry. You may just be thirsty. Eating when you don't really need to can lead to weight issues and an irregular metabolism.



2.    Trade sugary snacks for fruit and nut mix 

Trade the simple sugars for complex sugars. It takes more energy to burn fruits which means you’re burning more calories. Burning more calories means utilizing your metabolism!
 
3.    Eat salad! 

Warm or cold, it doesn’t matter. Mix five to seven servings of veggies into a salad. This is the easiest way to get all of the servings of vegetables you need in a day. If you get it out of the way here, you won’t have to worry about it for the rest of the day.
 
4.    Eat when you’re hungry…

…Not when you’re bored. This is a key concept that we all tend to ignore from time to time. Mindless eating is the single most detrimental thing you can do to your diet. Instead of eating when you’re not hungry, have a full cup of water. If you are still hungry after that, then you know it’s time to eat.
 

5.    Have some whole grains 

Whole grains are good. Whole wheat... is not so good for you. Especially if you have an intolerance to gluten. Whole grains are packed with fiber and are a good source of nutrients, B vitamins, and minerals, such as iron.
 


6.    Don’t have too many coconut based foods 

Nuts are great sources of protein for snacking purposes, but you don’t want to have too much. Contrary to popular belief, coconuts are high in saturated fats which is the not-so-good fat. When indulging in fats, because you do need them to maintain healthy body function, look for MUFAs (monounsaturated fatty acids), like almonds, cashews, olives, macadamias, and pecans. Make sure you also stick to the serving size.
 
7.    Eat less dairy 

Dairy can make you tired and too much of it can increase your waistline. You’ll have less bloating, improved digestion, clearer skin, and less inflammation. These are just a few things to look forward to. Try dairy-free alternatives to fill this craving. Vanilla almond milk is gold!
 
8.    Hemp seeds, chia seeds, flaxseed added to your protein shake 

These “wonder” seeds are packed with protein, fiber, and omegas 3 and 6. This quick change can add many health benefits to your diet.



9.    Limit the fried foods 

Fried foods taste good, but aren’t necessarily the best for your diet. The food absorbs the fat in the oils and unnecessarily raises your caloric intake. If you like the texture of fried foods, try an air fryer. That’s a great alternative to traditional fried foods!
 

10. Stock your home with only fresh, healthy, organic foods. 

Having healthy foods on hand will make it easier for you to eat healthily. Whatever you do, don’t cave in and go to the grocery store for sweets. Have some fruit instead!
 
As you can see, when you add organic healthier options to your diet, you can pretty much consume most if not all of the vitamins and minerals needed for the day. I suggest trying these tips out for a few weeks and see how your mood and overall health is affected. If you have to, start small and work your way up to implementing every tip on this list!

© 2018 Mobile Styles


Author's Note

Mobile Styles
written By Alisha Long
with Mobile Styles

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on May 31, 2018
Last Updated on May 31, 2018
Tags: diet, food, health

Author

Mobile Styles
Mobile Styles

New York, NY



About
Mobile Styles, the leading on-demand Beauty & Health app in the U.S. delivers talented professionals to any location at any time! Our amazing app allows you to instantly find Clients or PROs from Los .. more..

Writing