Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Millennial Home Decorating Trends and Tips

Millennial Home Decorating Trends and Tips

A Story by Mobile Styles
"

Decorate your room with MobileStyles. See more tips in the article.

"

While some millennials are now buying their first homes, others are still living in small spaces or sharing an apartment with roommates. Whatever your millennial living situation may be, there are some design trends that have gained overall popularity with the generation of smartphones and hashtags. According to Millennial Magazine, some of the most popular home trends include downsizing, being sustainably conscious, and minimalistic decor. Whether you think millennials have a good design aesthetic or you can’t stand the typical millennial style, here are some of the decor trends that simply scream millennial.

Plants



According to a Nielson study, millennials say sustainability is a shopping priority. Millennials are making a commitment to going green, so it makes sense that plants would be a logical decorative item. They are good for the environment and make for pretty décor. Currently, succulents and air plants are having a moment. And let’s face it, they look pretty cool on Instagram.

Macramé


Macramé, which was popular during the 1970s, has made a big comeback! This knotted decorative item is the perfect way to hang those plants and looks “far out” (any excuse for 70s slang!) when adorning your walls. It’s a great way to achieve a retro-boho look in your home.

Mid-Century Modern Furniture


While we are on the subject of retro trends, another popular style with the millennial generation is mid-century modern furniture. It’s classic and still holds up after all these years. A study conducted by Modsy, a design startup, found that millennials love mid-century design. Alessandra Wood, Design History Ph.D. and director of style at Modsy, shared with Lonny.com that, "Millennials are obsessed with mid-century modern; 10 years after the start of Mad Men, their grandparents' mid-century style is still going strong.” Millennials are taking their own minimalistic take to the mid-century style and often pairing it with touches of the industrial. Think a downtown loft apartment with Eames chairs.

Millennial Pink


This color is still everywhere and it earned its name for a reason. Millennials are swooning over this retro-kitschy, yet modern color that looks great on social media. Not only is it incorporated into fashion, but it’s also a popular color choice when it comes to home décor and wall paint.

Signs


Whether you are decorating your home or office, there has been a rise in popularity in cutesy signs, often with positive messages. Sometimes these signs are neon. Sometimes they are wooden. Sometimes they are framed. Whatever your sign preference, you’ve probably seen at least one sign that says something about “Good Vibes Only.” Maybe you even own one.

Palms and Pineapples


I don’t know who started the palms and pineapple trend, but you’re almost guaranteed to see one or both in just about any retail store’s home section. Palm themed everything: rugs, blankets, pillows. Pineapple themed everything: candles, plates, shower curtains. These themes are going strong when it comes to millennial décor.

IKEA Furniture

IKEA furniture is very affordable and has a clean and simple design aesthetic, making it an easy, convenient choice for millennial furniture. You’re bound to spot one or more items from IKEA in many millennials' apartments. Plus, picking up furniture at IKEA is always a great excuse to stop at the food court and snack on that famous IKEA meatballs.

These are just a few of the most popular millennial design trends. Combine them all for an unmistakably Instagrammable millennial home. This article was brought to you by Mobile Styles, the on-demand beauty and wellness app. Mobile Styles is helping millennials everywhere look their best by providing on-demand beauty services in the comfort of their mid-century modern, succulent decorated homes.

© 2018 Mobile Styles


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on September 27, 2018
Last Updated on September 27, 2018
Tags: good vibes, decorating, decoration

Author

Mobile Styles
Mobile Styles

New York, NY



About
Mobile Styles, the leading on-demand Beauty & Health app in the U.S. delivers talented professionals to any location at any time! Our amazing app allows you to instantly find Clients or PROs from Los .. more..

Writing