3 Amazing Benefits of Pumpkins

3 Amazing Benefits of Pumpkins

A Story by Mobile Styles
"

Pumpkins are usually associated with only two things, they’re either known as a decorative activity during Halloween or a delicious pumpkin pie to enjoy during Thanksgiving and Christmas.

"

Pumpkins are usually associated with only two things, they’re either known as a decorative activity during Halloween or a delicious pumpkin pie to enjoy during Thanksgiving and Christmas. But did you know there’s more to this plant than you think? Here are three amazing ways it can benefit you.


INCREDIBLY NUTRITIOUS


One cup of this cooked fruit (yes, it’s a fruit!) contains little calories and hardly any fat because it’s made of more than 90% of water. More importantly, it contains an assortment of vitamins. It has iron, manganese, vitamin E and C, and more, all at low levels. Vitamin A is the vitamin pumpkin is known for, with over 245% of your daily intake!



HIGH ANTIOXIDANTS


Pumpkins contain antioxidants, such as alpha-carotene and beta-carotene. This protects our skin against sun damage and can even lower the risk of cancer and eye diseases. Overall, it helps keep your body healthy and strong, giving it the ability to prevent chronic diseases.


HEALTHY AND INCREDIBLY VERSATILE


Pumpkin is known as a savory dessert but is often overlooked as an ingredient when it comes to other dishes. It’s naturally sweet, therefore, it can be implemented into your diet to create some awesome meals. Some meals that can be made include roasted vegetables, soups, and pasta. Preparing a pumpkin is like preparing it to carve. You scoop out the seeds and all the stringy parts inside, then slice the pumpkins into wedges. Pumpkin seeds are edible and might nutritious as well, so you’d want to save those for later. It improves your bladder and heart health.


LAST WORDS


This fruit is healthy and safe for nearly everyone. The only effect it can have is if you eat a lot. It’ll increase the amount of water and salt your body excels through urine. The key? As with anything else in life, moderation.

© 2018 Mobile Styles


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on November 2, 2018
Last Updated on November 2, 2018
Tags: pumpkins, benefits, halloween, thanksgiving day, health

Author

Mobile Styles
Mobile Styles

New York, NY



About
Mobile Styles, the leading on-demand Beauty & Health app in the U.S. delivers talented professionals to any location at any time! Our amazing app allows you to instantly find Clients or PROs from Los .. more..

Writing