What to Expect When Getting an Ombre

What to Expect When Getting an Ombre

A Story by Mobile Styles
"

Ombre is a popular hair coloring technique that gradually lightens your hair toward the ends.

"

If you’re reading this article, chances are you are tired with your current hair color and looking for a change. Ombre is a popular hair coloring technique that gradually lightens your hair toward the ends. It’s a subtle change that’s stylish and fun while allowing you to keep some of your natural hair color intact.


If you’re on the fence on whether you should, “take the plunge” and dye your hair ombre, you’ve come to the right place. Over the past five years, I’ve had ombre hair. While I can only talk from personal experience, there is a possibility that it could give you some indication of what having ombre hair is like and whether or not you want to go through with the dye job.


The Dying Process

I have naturally dry, wavy, dark hair, so the dying process took some time. The whole process - cut, wash, dry, the dying process, and style - takes about four hours. You could shorten this process if you only want the stylist to dye your hair. The dying process has two parts - bleach and tone. Because my hair was so dark, the bleach had to stay in longer.


Maintenance

Ombre is relatively low maintenance. Because your roots are your natural hair color, you don’t need to do touch-ups often. I would recommend purchasing purple shampoo and conditioner to prevent the lighter/blonde parts from becoming brassy. Also, if your hair is on the dryer side (like mine), you WILL have to invest in oils and hair products dedicated to moisture and damage prevention.


Overall, the ombre is low maintenance and is a great way to change up your hairstyle. If you’re on the fence, I’d say go for it. At the end of the day, it’s just hair and you can always dye it back!


© 2018 Mobile Styles


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on December 27, 2018
Last Updated on December 27, 2018
Tags: hair coloring, Ombre, natural hair, ombre hair, hairstyle

Author

Mobile Styles
Mobile Styles

New York, NY



About
Mobile Styles, the leading on-demand Beauty & Health app in the U.S. delivers talented professionals to any location at any time! Our amazing app allows you to instantly find Clients or PROs from Los .. more..

Writing